Pontiac - Race The next Level

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2017, 02:06 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Im sure he could've found another shell but the history on that car is priceless. Then and now

Old 01-05-2017, 03:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

thanks for the kind words from everyone! The crowmod is most likely eventually getting a hemi and going NHRA, but it won't be ready for the first race. I've decided to concentrate on the steel car and give it the attention it deserves in 2017. Marty's car was exactly how it was represented, and i feel i got a fair deal. With that said, i also like my $hi+ a certain way, and so i'm changing my $hi+ to meet my needs. This includes a lot of work, but it will be worth it in my opinion. I'm excited about the future of steel body door car vin tag racing. My car will be stock wheelbase, steel roof and quarters with a vin tag and a pontiac engine for life!!!! I am excited to see the performance gains of the new top end. I'm not easy on stuff so if it will live with the abuse i put it thru, it's tougher than a mastodons toe nail. Car is at chassis shop for next few weeks then home to my shop for mounting and mock up, then most likely to quillen for a few things before testing. Would like to be testing in mid february.

For those that feel they need to comment or make assumptions of how i get my funding, try living in a duplex drinking water and eating sandwiches every day and cutting out everything extra in your life that doesn't directly support the race car, and then spend every night testing or on the dyno trying to get faster, and i bet the online money questions stop and your et and mph greatly improve. For some, racing automobiles is literally everything. You'd be surprised what a man can do when he gives everything to what he loves.

Don Dial Race Cars
Old 01-05-2017, 03:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandX View Post
thanks for the kind words from everyone! The crowmod is most likely eventually getting a hemi and going NHRA, but it won't be ready for the first race. I've decided to concentrate on the steel car and give it the attention it deserves in 2017. Marty's car was exactly how it was represented, and i feel i got a fair deal. With that said, i also like my $hi+ a certain way, and so i'm changing my $hi+ to meet my needs. This includes a lot of work, but it will be worth it in my opinion. I'm excited about the future of steel body door car vin tag racing. My car will be stock wheelbase, steel roof and quarters with a vin tag and a pontiac engine for life!!!! I am excited to see the performance gains of the new top end. I'm not easy on stuff so if it will live with the abuse i put it thru, it's tougher than a mastodons toe nail. Car is at chassis shop for next few weeks then home to my shop for mounting and mock up, then most likely to quillen for a few things before testing. Would like to be testing in mid february.

For those that feel they need to comment or make assumptions of how i get my funding, try living in a duplex drinking water and eating sandwiches every day and cutting out everything extra in your life that doesn't directly support the race car, and then spend every night testing or on the dyno trying to get faster, and i bet the online money questions stop and your et and mph greatly improve. For some, racing automobiles is literally everything. You'd be surprised what a man can do when he gives everything to what he loves.
I am glad you are staying Pontiac and also glad you went back to steel and vin type car. Ride or die Pontiac to the end!

BTW nobodys business on how you fund this stuff!

Old 01-05-2017, 03:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks for the update, Justin!

How about trying a hemi headed Pontiac first in the ProMod?

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 01-05-2017, 03:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

When I got my inspection license when I was 18YO (1971), yes PA had safety inspections every 6 months. When they overhauled the DMV regulations in 1977 it went to once a year.

Crow 2.0 TTF...........

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

Old 01-05-2017, 03:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Hi Justin,

Its cool to see you around here still! Its been really cool to see you and the guys evolve throughout the years, and the cars are on an amazing level! The Crowmod is badass, and its great seeing it being used as a tool to elevate your racing career in the professional racing world, but there's something that's so badass about a steel body, Pontiac powered car!

Don't mind those who question you, because at the end of the day you're doing what you love. Regardless if you're making the big bucks through sponsors, or funding entirely out of pocket, fact is you're living your dream, and achieving a level that very few get to see!

1970 Trans Am RAIII 4 speed
1971 Trans Am 5.3 LM7
1977 Trans Am W72 Y82
1987 Grand National
Old 01-05-2017, 04:04 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
For those that feel they need to comment or make assumptions of how i get my funding.
We all know you live that fast and furious life.

Old 01-05-2017, 04:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:

I like that youve got a fondness for the 70 GTO,,makes an awesome looking racecar!!

Old 01-05-2017, 04:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Looks like your coming full circle back to where it started. That for sure will keep the sport alive and see more competition that most can relate to.

Perhaps we will see a Pontiac cash days with a bunch of guys from the boards at Norwalk?

keep living the dream.

Turbo 535, CV 1 heads.

Built by Cerralli Competition Engines

Tenth Anniversary (Van Nuys) restored.
Tenth Anniversary Barn Find (Norwood)
Both 4 speeds!
Old 01-05-2017, 05:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

For those that feel they need to comment or make assumptions of how i get my funding, try living in a duplex drinking water and eating sandwiches every day and cutting out everything extra in your life that doesn't directly support the race car, and then spend every night testing or on the dyno trying to get faster, and i bet the online money questions stop and your et and mph greatly improve. For some, racing automobiles is literally everything. You'd be surprised what a man can do when he gives everything to what he loves.[/QUOTE]

This is what it takes to get it done, ask me how I know! I have missed out on many, many things in my life in pursuit of the Pontiac gold ring. Justin and his crew are doing the same thing along with a handful of others. If you don't have the big buck sponsors but still have the dream, you find a way. For sure he isn't taking the easy path to success. Also keep in mind, when you do get some help, it rarely come without some obligations and work on your part. Remember, why would anybody just give you stuff for nothing in return? It doesn't happen . Much success to Justin and crew.

Old 01-05-2017, 05:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Goat1 View Post
Steel roof and quarters and a VIN are the new rules...Cash Days is not a no prep track race...

Oh and 1 more thing...within 2" of stock wheelbase...
Toughest thing to do in racing is making rules for an Outlaw Class, but it needed to be done.
Those are simple and not too restrictive.

Old 01-05-2017, 07:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by bankbook View Post
Looks like your coming full circle back to where it started. That for sure will keep the sport alive and see more competition that most can relate to.

Perhaps we will see a Pontiac cash days with a bunch of guys from the boards at Norwalk?

keep living the dream.
... now that is a kick ass idea right there Doc' ...

PONTIAC CASH DAYS @ NORWALK

Old 01-05-2017, 07:51 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Keep giving it hell Justin. It's cool as hell that a Pontiac is on top of the list...AGAIN!

Brian

Boobs & bacon
Old 01-05-2017, 09:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

X2 - real nice to see you back for a visit.

( If he plans on testing in 6 weeks doesn't appear he has trouble getting parts)

Old 01-05-2017, 09:38 PM

Quote:

Don't matter how you get your funding.. your making a great showing for those of us that love our Pontiacs... and anytime you can find a way to do something you love that is great and you do it with dedication and class. Keep it up.

Old 01-06-2017, 08:23 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thank You BrandX for answering my question!
Are you planning on running all 10 NHRA pro mod races? Good Luck to ya!
I guess as much as you get after it there is a bit of work that goes into it trying to race at a high level on a shoe string.......Ask me how I Know LOL!!!

Someone will always out spend you but DO NOT EVER let them out work you!!!

“It’s the process it takes to get to goals that sets us apart, the execution on every single play, one play,one life”
Notre Dame Head Coach Marcus Freeman

69 GTO NHRA Super Street Car
2860lbs 10.82@159.91 in Joliet May 2024 ….157.56 MPH in Gainesville in March ‘23
Old 01-06-2017, 09:37 AM
Ultimate Warrior

thanks for update Justin. Would be great if you can make Norwalk this year.

Old 01-06-2017, 10:29 AM

Justin, I admire what you have accomplished and you have a lot of support from us die hard Pontiac guys. I also agree that it would be really cool to see you at Norwalk this year.

Old 01-06-2017, 01:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

You guys should listen to the podcast Chief and Shawn put out on Speed Society...just sayin...

Chief will know what I mean by that and others that listen will as well...

Old 01-06-2017, 02:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

you always know when it's tuesday, because another pod cast comes out. those guys are a couple funny pieces of sh!t.

http://www.midweststreetcars.com/podcasts ***ADULT LANGUAGE***

Closed Thread