Old 10-26-2017, 09:25 AM
Senior Chief

Default Eight lug wheel - custom made?

I got an idea the other day. Would'nt it be great if a wheel manufacturer made an aluminium wheel that looks like the eight lug wheel?
I'm not talking about the separate rim and drum setup like the original eight lug wheel, I mean a one piece wheel you can bolt on any B-body with standard drum or disc, just like putting on a set of Cragars or any other aftermarket wheel.

Or is my idea stupid?

66 Bonneville 4-door Hardtop - Sold - But it has its own thread here

66 Bonneville Wagon - Sold

63 Grand Prix - Sold
Old 10-26-2017, 09:51 AM
Ultimate Warrior

When I bought my 61 Ventura it came with a custom set of billet alu 15in 8lug rim to fit the factory 8 lug drums..Sold them to a friend in NY.They had never been used when I got them and dont think they still have.I cant imagine what it would cost to do a set like your talking about.Tom

Old 10-26-2017, 03:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

There was an option a few years ago where you could get brand new 8 lug brake drums, or a modified version that worked with disk brakes, but due to various issues they are not available any more: http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=740831

I have thought about the idea of having them made as well - there are companies out there that could do it, but as Tom said it would cost a lot of money. There's a limited market for something like this so you probably would not be able to get them cheaper by going into production.