THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 08-29-2019, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77 TRASHCAN View Post
I call it Booger King...we have one in my town, right next to McDonalds. 3 times a day the drive through line at McD's extends all the way to the street. At the same time once in a while there may be one or two cars at Booger King...McD's fills up in morning with retiree's. Seldom see anyone in BK...
I cannot understand it, McDonalds is the worst food ever for fast food, but it is always packed! You can't say it is because of convenience, because there is usually another fast food place close to it. I will eat anything else other than McD, I do love Arby's or Chic Filet the best.

Old 08-29-2019, 02:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis H. View Post
I cannot understand it, McDonalds is the worst food ever for fast food, but it is always packed! You can't say it is because of convenience, because there is usually another fast food place close to it. I will eat anything else other than McD, I do love Arby's or Chic Filet the best.
That's a personal opinion. Obviously a lot of people like McDonald's food, they just have different tastes than you. The same goes for any restaurant - some people will like their food, some won't.

Old 08-29-2019, 03:53 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77 TRASHCAN View Post
I call it Booger King...we have one in my town, right next to McDonalds. 3 times a day the drive through line at McD's extends all the way to the street. At the same time once in a while there may be one or two cars at Booger King...McD's fills up in morning with retiree's. Seldom see anyone in BK...
At the one town I deliver in, there is a BK, and a Mac's across the street. 6AM, Macs is fairly busy, while the only car's in BK's lot are the employees....

Old 08-29-2019, 04:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The only thing I will get at McD's is a breakfast sammich, or fries. Everything else is horrible. Arby's is good, but anymore if I eat fast food I will get a chicken sammy.

Old 08-29-2019, 05:12 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Obviously McDonalds has had a time-proven winning business formula and a menu that has satisfied "billions" so they do something right. I do recall the days of the first Kroc's Des Plaines, IL. McDonalds. The original fries were great; fresh potatoes sliced and blanched on premises and fried in real animal fat. The shakes were so much better than the drinks they sell as shakes today. The menu was real simple; burgers, cheeseburgers, fries, and a few drinks. And, your food was delivered within one minute.

My favorite fast food today is definitely Chick-fil-A for both great food and service. We would occasionally stop at McDonalds because you can find them at nearly every other Interstate exit. Subway can be okay but the quality and service varies greatly between stores.

And, I tried to get the new Popeye's chicken sandwich delivered to try for dinner tonight but they are not on the delivery menu.

Last edited by JimFB400HO; 08-29-2019 at 05:20 PM.
Old 08-29-2019, 05:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis H. View Post
I think I can answer that question. McDonalds food isn't the greatest, I grant you that. But it is fast food and it is fast. The two I frequent around here are so fast, you never have to stop in the drive thru lane once your order is placed. They have the dual lane set-up and even if there are 25-30 cars in line, you have your food in 5 minutes or less. They are cheap too, if you use the dollar menu. I can get a decent amount of food for $3.07. One cheeseburger, one Mc Chicken and a large Coke. Most of the other places mentioned in this thread are close to $10.00 for a meal. So very consistent food, very fast service, generally polite workers, generally clean, really can't ask for much else from fast food. I like certain items at BK but the locations vary greatly in service and food quality, same for Arby's and Wendy's.

Old 08-29-2019, 07:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Fast food joint satisfaction ratings via: https://boingboing.net/2019/08/23/da...isfaction.html

Friendly reminder to get your cholesterol checked
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fast_food.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	518945  

'95 Comp T/A #6 M6 - bone stock (pics)
Old 08-29-2019, 11:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

[QUOTE=Stuart;6056134]Is a chicken sandwich without the bun even a sandwich?

There's already another discussion going on here about the Impossible Whopper.[/QUOT
I had to buy 2 biscuits to make it a sandwich.

Old 08-30-2019, 03:33 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddri...cid=spartandhp
Lawsuit time....

Old 08-30-2019, 09:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

the taco at Burger King tastes more like/resembles a Jack In the Box taco more than taco bell..

for a buck its cheap eats..

The Goat whisperer

"I spent a lot of my money on booze, crazy women, and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."

Old 09-01-2019, 01:36 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: 31May2013 Temporary home to the world's widest (that we know of) tornado. Lord, NO more Please...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgarblik View Post
I think I can answer that question. McDonalds food isn't the greatest, I grant you that. But it is fast food and it is fast. The two I frequent around here are so fast, you never have to stop in the drive thru lane once your order is placed. They have the dual lane set-up and even if there are 25-30 cars in line, you have your food in 5 minutes or less. They are cheap too, if you use the dollar menu. I can get a decent amount of food for $3.07. One cheeseburger, one Mc Chicken and a large Coke. Most of the other places mentioned in this thread are close to $10.00 for a meal. So very consistent food, very fast service, generally polite workers, generally clean, really can't ask for much else from fast food. I like certain items at BK but the locations vary greatly in service and food quality, same for Arby's and Wendy's.
The McDonald's in my town has an excellent reputation. Service wise, may be one of their best. A family owns it and keeps a tight reign on everything. They contribute to the community a lot.
I never said I like their food. It IS hot and fast though. Rest rooms always clean.
I really don't like any fast food places. Ours is an exception, I believe.
If you are ever on I40 headed west through Oklahoma. Make a pit stop on exit 123....

Shut it off
Shut it off
Buddy, I just shut your Prius down...
Old 09-01-2019, 01:40 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdoro 68 View Post
Fast food joint satisfaction ratings via: https://boingboing.net/2019/08/23/da...isfaction.html

Friendly reminder to get your cholesterol checked
I distrust those results just based on their speed ratings for in n out. Every time I go to one, I always marvel at the site of 50 burgers grilling at once and what seems like a dozen people working their asses off, and wonder why the wait is so long and that drive through line moves so slow.