Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 08-08-2021, 09:10 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOGEORGE View Post
My engine is streetable…..just like a turbo engine…..a power adder on a engine. You want more power you add more boost…….right?
In fact mine might be more streetable you don’t have to try and make boost down low like a turbo.

GTO George
I really wasnt thinking of yours as the example of a streetable blower motor...

I was talking about a fast blower car...My buddy's car runs 4.50 at 3000lbs, and its not a streetable combo at all...

Old 08-08-2021, 09:11 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Wow 2 racers…..good for them , there’s always someone. Diversity is a good thing.

GTO George
Damn, you said there were NO turbo Top Sportsman cars, and I point out two that I personally know, and you act like thats all there is in the world...

Maybe you should actually think before you post.

Old 08-08-2021, 09:52 AM
Boost Engineer

Let it go Opeliac, the guy is trapped in his world.
He had nothing to do with the 250 mph that Mike and Eric ran to set the new record.

Great article on George Montgomery. A Ford article and I would catch the same snide comments he posted about your Turbo Examples.

Since you did provide some George Montgomery History on his Turbo Gasser I will
add a few more to your thread.

1) George was a Great Driver and a Hard Core Ford Racer as well as owning, I believe,
a speed shop in Ohio. George had money but he also had several good "Ford Friends"

2) One of these "Ford Friends" was DANNY JONES who was CLAY SMITH'S son-in-law.
Clay Smith, for the people unaware, was one of the top camshaft grinders in the game in the 1960s.

3) Danny Jones always loved Turbos, as he was the "Turbo Guy" for Ford's Indy Car Race Teams. Danny Jones worked in my building for my boss, Homer Perry, who ran the Ford Le Mans teams as well as the other Ford Racing involvements in the 1960s and 1970s.

So Danny was a really sharp Turbo Guy who designed the Turbo Powerplant for George's car. For years, the track owners, would say: "Leave the turbo car at home, George, we want the NOISE of the superchargers and the headers which the crowd likes, vs your Turbo car which is too quiet. That is a FACT.

So Danny Jones was the Ford Indy Car Turbo Guy, as well as one of the first Turbo guys in Drag racing, who knew how to go fast. His Father-in-Law being Clay Smith, really helped with getting the engine match correct with the turbos.

When I left Ford in 2016, I assume Danny Jones was still out there helping guys with their Turbo projects. He really loved the engines.

So what I have posted is FACTS, not BS like "there were NO turbo Top Sportsman cars",
posted previously. But this is no surprise. just let it go. again, Let It Go.

A Turbo Car holds the record for the fastest motor driven Land Speed Vehicle in history.

A Turbo Car holds the record in Formula 1.

A Turbo Car Holds the record in Indy Car Racing.

One final comment, Asking some to THINK is not in their brain cell make-up.
Be it in Business, Sports, Racing, Snowmobile Driving, Water Skiing,etc.
Don't hold your breath on that one.

Enough Turbo History for today.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 08-08-2021, 09:57 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by opeliac View Post
Damn, you said there were NO turbo Top Sportsman cars, and I point out two that I personally know, and you act like thats all there is in the world...

Maybe you should actually think before you post.
Guess for some people I needed to spell it out........im bad!
Point being there are very, very few and there are reasons.....Hell even the Street Outlaws guys are changing.

GTO George

Last edited by GTOGEORGE; 08-08-2021 at 10:08 AM.
Old 08-08-2021, 10:05 AM
Suspended

Quote:
I really wasnt thinking of yours as the example of a streetable blower motor...

I was talking about a fast blower car...My buddy's car runs 4.50 at 3000lbs, and its not a streetable combo at all...
The only difference between my car and your buddys is his is 200 lbs lighter (about 2 tenths) and added boost which i could do if i went to a bigger supercharger............ I choose not to, my decision. Im sorry you buddys car isn't streetabe!
Not fast...........how fast/quick have you went......? Were you at Norwalk.....Cooper had the quickest/Fastest car....Procharger.

GTO George

Last edited by GTOGEORGE; 08-08-2021 at 10:11 AM.
Old 08-08-2021, 10:15 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
The only difference between my car and your buddys is his is 200 lbs lighter (about 2 tenths) and added boost which i could do if i went to a bigger supercharger............ I choose not to, my decision. Not fast...........how fast/quick have you went......? Were you at Norwalk.....Cooper had the quickest/Fastest car....Procharger.

GTO George
Yes, I was at Norwalk...

As for you going 4.50s, and still be streetable with a roots, no F'in way...You still believe the 100lbs=1 tenth, LOLOLOLOLOLOL...I've been around way too many 4.50 roots cars to buy into that BS...

You've already ask me how fast i've been, which is irrelevant.

Old 08-08-2021, 10:26 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Yes, I was at Norwalk...

As for you going 4.50s, and still be streetable with a roots, no F'in way...You still believe the 100lbs=1 tenth, LOLOLOLOLOLOL...I've been around way too many 4.50 roots cars to buy into that BS...

You've already ask me how fast i've been, which is irrelevant.
Never mind you answered my question! LOL!
You no nothing......just another wanna be.
.....and yes 100 lbs equals .10 is just a generic number but again for some people things need to be spelled out..........im bad again.

GTO George

Old 08-08-2021, 10:33 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Never mind you answered my question! LOL!
You no nothing......just another wanna be.
.....and yes 100 lbs equals .10 is just a generic number but again for some people things need to be spelled out..........im bad again.

GTO George
LOL...Yeah, just a wannabe...

The 100lbs per tenth statement is always a sign of the type of individual that is saying it...Thats about as telling as a racer saying, "I could go faster if I wanted too"...Yeah right

Keep trying George

Old 08-08-2021, 10:38 AM
Suspended

Quote:
LOL...Yeah, just a wannabe...

The 100lbs per tenth statement is always a sign of the type of individual that is saying it...Thats about as telling as a racer saying, "I could go faster if I wanted too"...Yeah right

Keep trying George
I’m trying very well, thank you very much!
You’re like Tom when it comes to drag racing….always making statements most of them NOT very accurate.
Back to Raven.

GTO George

Old 08-08-2021, 10:48 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
I’m trying very well, thank you very much!
You’re like Tom when it comes to drag racing….always making statements most of them NOT very accurate.
Back to Raven.

GTO George

You are the one that repeated the dumb ass statement of 100lbs equals a tenth, so look in the mirror about inaccurate statements...

Lets dissect that ignorant statement a bit further...Chief went 3.92 at 2840ish...If he were to knock his car down to 2500lbs, do you think he will run a 3.62??? Just admit that you threw out that ignorant comment about taking 200lbs out of your car, without thoroughly thinking it through.

Some of us, that call you out on bs, are smart enough to know what we are talking about.

Old 08-08-2021, 11:00 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
You are the one that repeated the dumb ass statement of 100lbs equals a tenth, so look in the mirror about inaccurate statements...

Lets dissect that ignorant statement a bit further...Chief went 3.92 at 2840ish...If he were to knock his car down to 2500lbs, do you think he will run a 3.62??? Just admit that you threw out that ignorant comment about taking 200lbs out of your car, without thoroughly thinking it through.

Some of us, that call you out on bs, are smart enough to know what we are talking about.
Do you have a source for that? the quickest I have for Chief is 3.994 which also is the quickest I have for Mike Cooper.

I do have time slips for Mike Cooper's runs

Fastest Pontiac Door Cars
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_list.htm

Stan

David Vizard & Stan Weiss' IOP / Flow / Induction Optimization - Cam Selection Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV
Download FREE 14 Trial IOP / Flow Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV/Flow_..._Day_Trial.php
Pontiac Pump Gas List
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_gas.htm
Using PMD Block and Heads List
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_pmd.htm
The Following User Says Thank You to Stan Weiss For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2021, 11:03 AM
Suspended

Quote:

Oh my god you're killing me.......100 lbs to some combos its more (slower cars) then a tenth to others its not (quicker cars).......thats what makes it a GENERAL statement! Justin wishes his car was 2,500lbs....HELL I wish my car was 2.500lbs or even 200 lbs lighter.......LOL! like I tell Tom..........GO Home!

GTO George

Old 08-08-2021, 11:05 AM
Boost Engineer

Can't fix stupid, Mr O

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 08-08-2021, 11:08 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vaught View Post
Can't fix stupid, Mr O

Tom V.
Yea but you keep posting!!!!!
Go Home!

GTO George

Old 08-08-2021, 11:09 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Weiss View Post
Do you have a source for that? the quickest I have for Chief is 3.994 which also is the quickest I have for Mike Cooper.

I do have time slips for Mike Cooper's runs

Fastest Pontiac Door Cars
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_list.htm

Stan
The source is Chief himself.

Old 08-08-2021, 11:10 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Oh my god you're killing me.......100 lbs to some combos its more (slower cars) then a tenth to others its not (quicker cars).......thats what makes it a GENERAL statement! Justin wishes his car was 2,500lbs....HELL I wish my car was 2.500lbs or even 200 lbs lighter.......LOL! like I tell Tom..........GO Home!

GTO George
Face it George, you got busted repeating a lame ass statement...You know for a fact that 200lbs off, will NOT give your car two tenths...

Old 08-08-2021, 11:12 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vaught View Post
Can't fix stupid, Mr O

Tom V.
Tom,
The old saying was 100 lbs was a .1 in the 1/4 mile.

George has redone it to 100 lbs is a .1 in the 1/8 mile.

Or maybe George just doesn't know what he is talking about

Stan

David Vizard & Stan Weiss' IOP / Flow / Induction Optimization - Cam Selection Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV
Download FREE 14 Trial IOP / Flow Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV/Flow_..._Day_Trial.php
Pontiac Pump Gas List
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_gas.htm
Using PMD Block and Heads List
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_pmd.htm
Old 08-08-2021, 11:31 AM
Suspended

So basically we have 3 non-racers arguing over a "generic" statement (that I corrected , to make you non-racers happy).....Hummmmm, LOL!
ill admit if i lost 100 lbs i have no idea how much quicker my car would go....id sure like to find out. Not everyone out there has a 7.90 (i need to spell it our 1.4 mile) car ....most are slower....some are quicker...hense the Generic statement.

GTO George

Old 08-08-2021, 11:36 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Weiss View Post
Tom,
The old saying was 100 lbs was a .1 in the 1/4 mile.

George has redone it to 100 lbs is a .1 in the 1/8 mile.

Or maybe George just doesn't know what he is talking about

Stan
Racers still use the 100 lbs for a tenths yes its not always true...i im a racer and i talk to a lot to other racers and they know its just a generic statement (just like head flow numbers or dyno number). What really matters are GOING ROUNDS, WINS and ET slips.....which none of you do!

GTO George

Last edited by GTOGEORGE; 08-08-2021 at 11:41 AM.
Old 08-08-2021, 11:41 AM
Suspended

Im done you non-racers are going to keep beating this to death...have fun...I made my point.

GTO George