Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Old 09-02-2006, 08:15 PM

Default ron a ripoff?

i met ron thru a ad he runs in the trade'n times. i sold him a 455 core. i had at the time just blew up a 455 with 3min of run time on it that a chevy guy did for me. i called ron way to many times to ask stupid questions about pontiacs and when anybody else would of hung up ron asked how else can i help you. ron told me he had a alum rod engine for sale, i gave him $500 down and stroked him for 2YEARS on the rest. i've talked to ron almost everyday after i sold him that core. i would have to say hes become one of my best friends,and he one of the best friends anyone could have!
a year ago i told him about a 76 lemans i seen 4 sale and fell in love with and asked him to go look at it with me. he asked what the guy wanted for it and i told him,i also mentioned i was $1500 short but id figure out where to get that later. we went to go look at the car and like a little kid i had to have it. i wanted to leave a deposit for it so as not to loose it. ron called me over and handed me a wad of folded hundreds and said tell him we'll take it now! see, ron went to the bank that morning so i could buy this car. what a ripoff huh?
i wanted to replace the tired 400 w/a 455. ron did the engine for that,at his cost for parts and no labor. yep i know he shafted me on that one to!!
i do have one complaint about ron and i've been trying to get him to stop this for 5 years,hes way to cheap on what he does! his prices are beyond fair!
so this guy has a friend buy a trans from ron and he takes it to a tranz guy to tear into to check it over. they find ALL this stuff wrong with this tranz and what does he do?let the keep going, why would you do that? if i bought a trans from a guy and took it some where and it was as bad as what this guy claims i'd of had him stop right then and took it back to who i bought it from. as soon as the cover came off and there was parts in the bottom of the case id of said stop and took it back. and by the way this guy really needs to check his trip meter hickory hills to m/g is far from 40 miles.
and then ron shruged and walked back in the house? ANYBODY that knows him at all would not believe that. this from a guy that ive seen do an engine for somebody that forgets to put oil in it at start up and he tells them to bring it back and he puts bearings in it for them for the cost of parts. it sounds like you need to move out of your mothers basement and go out into the real world and stop crying about being ripped off. ever hear of buyer bewear? next time do what you should have done this time, open the cover and look and what you getting. i'll bet it would'nt be your fault when you buy that t.v. box full of bricks

Old 09-02-2006, 10:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by orphan455
i met ron thru a ad he runs in the trade'n times. i sold him a 455 core. i had at the time just blew up a 455 with 3min of run time on it that a chevy guy did for me. i called ron way to many times to ask stupid questions about pontiacs and when anybody else would of hung up ron asked how else can i help you. ron told me he had a alum rod engine for sale, i gave him $500 down and stroked him for 2YEARS on the rest. i've talked to ron almost everyday after i sold him that core. i would have to say hes become one of my best friends,and he one of the best friends anyone could have!
a year ago i told him about a 76 lemans i seen 4 sale and fell in love with and asked him to go look at it with me. he asked what the guy wanted for it and i told him,i also mentioned i was $1500 short but id figure out where to get that later. we went to go look at the car and like a little kid i had to have it. i wanted to leave a deposit for it so as not to loose it. ron called me over and handed me a wad of folded hundreds and said tell him we'll take it now! see, ron went to the bank that morning so i could buy this car. what a ripoff huh?
i wanted to replace the tired 400 w/a 455. ron did the engine for that,at his cost for parts and no labor. yep i know he shafted me on that one to!!
i do have one complaint about ron and i've been trying to get him to stop this for 5 years,hes way to cheap on what he does! his prices are beyond fair!
so this guy has a friend buy a trans from ron and he takes it to a tranz guy to tear into to check it over. they find ALL this stuff wrong with this tranz and what does he do?let the keep going, why would you do that? if i bought a trans from a guy and took it some where and it was as bad as what this guy claims i'd of had him stop right then and took it back to who i bought it from. as soon as the cover came off and there was parts in the bottom of the case id of said stop and took it back. and by the way this guy really needs to check his trip meter hickory hills to m/g is far from 40 miles.
and then ron shruged and walked back in the house? ANYBODY that knows him at all would not believe that. this from a guy that ive seen do an engine for somebody that forgets to put oil in it at start up and he tells them to bring it back and he puts bearings in it for them for the cost of parts. it sounds like you need to move out of your mothers basement and go out into the real world and stop crying about being ripped off. ever hear of buyer bewear? next time do what you should have done this time, open the cover and look and what you getting. i'll bet it would'nt be your fault when you buy that t.v. box full of bricks
Well said. Thats the Ron that I know. There are many other stories like that out there as well.

Old 09-04-2006, 03:51 PM

I have known Ron for over forty years since high school and he has dealt straight up with his customers for all this time. I asked Ron to post but he knows very little about the computer, just PONTIACS, so let me give you his side.
Ron bought the superT10 from a friend who told him it was rebuilt(it came out of running, driven car). Ron was contacted by a customer who was looking for a superT10 and told him he had one for $850 and he was told it was rebuilt. They came and bought the super T10. They called Ron and stated it wasn't right. Ron told them to bring it back and he would give them back the money or he would repair it. At this point they refused to bring it back and they would get it repaired, well instead of just getting it repaired they had it rebuilt and thought Ron should be responsable to pay for the rebuild. Ron pays between $425-$450 for a superT10 core. In all fairness, Ron gave the customers $425 refund becaused they refused to return the superT10 and told him that he was not trust worthy. Why in earth would he pay someone else to do what he could do. Ron is a machinest and was willing to make the deal RIGHT and doesn't need to have someone LIBEL his good name and 40+ years of doing right to his customers.

It is my feelings that they wanted something more out of the deal, like a totally reworked superT10. Again this is my opinion not Ron's and I could be wrong on this part but not on Ron's willingness to keep customers happy and share his great knowledge on PONTIACS with anyone who needs help, he is one of the most honest people you would ever what to meet.
Simon (Old Goat)

Old 09-04-2006, 04:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, met some people who have dealt with him lately, chicagoland, been very unhappy. these are seasoned pontiac people that are unhappy. i think he means well, but buyer has to double check ron's facts/specs on parts. i have dealt with him many times, and would say my experiences were so-so, 50-50. never got screwed, but never totally happy on some of them. he is a nice person to talk to, never mean or cocky. that's all i have to say.

1971 bonneville hearse 455/4
1972 grand safari wagon 6 pass 455/4
1995 Firebird Formula 5.7 convertible
2002 gp 40th anniv. SC V6
2003 gmc sierra 2500hd 8.1 liter

***LIKE MY FACEBOOK PAGE https://www.facebook.com/GratefulParts***

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/GRATEFUL...__W0QQ_armrsZ1
Old 09-04-2006, 09:38 PM
Senior Chief

deadsleds is a pontiac nut and backs up the story!simonoldgoat ron a machinist for 40 years?A drill press in your garage is not a machinist. BTW simonoldgoat machinist is spelled this way. Not machinest!

Old 09-05-2006, 01:35 PM

tstevea, I must apologize for not spelling machinist correctly, for I did not use spell check.
As to "deadsled" backing up your "story", I did not hear that he was involved with this purchase, was he?
As to Ron being a "Machinist" : He just received his pin as a forty year member to IAM Local 701, so I guess he has been paying his dues for forty years for nothing, so.............

Old 09-05-2006, 06:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

NO! i am not involved. i am not backing anything. just throwing in my 2 cents. i have personal experience dealing with both of these guys. turns out i know both sides.

1971 bonneville hearse 455/4
1972 grand safari wagon 6 pass 455/4
1995 Firebird Formula 5.7 convertible
2002 gp 40th anniv. SC V6
2003 gmc sierra 2500hd 8.1 liter

***LIKE MY FACEBOOK PAGE https://www.facebook.com/GratefulParts***

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/GRATEFUL...__W0QQ_armrsZ1
Old 09-07-2006, 11:19 AM
Ultimate Warrior

1qikta said """"""NO Turbo 400 will ever do that...............""""

Hey, you slamming the TH400? ....want some of this. (Er ah some of this TH400 stuff I got)

Old 09-08-2006, 04:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Simonoldgoat,

I was an IAM member for 8 years. I never touched a machine except all those that had to do with loading, unloading and pushing/pulling aircraft. You see I was a cargo agent/trainer for an airline. Being a member and doing machinist work are not always equal.

BTW, I became a teamster at the end or 8 years and never drove a truck.

Unions cover many areas beyond which they originally were formed for.

Not knocking anyone or anything just making a statement of fact that belonging to a union by a certian name does not make you one. Son belongs to carpenters union. He is a scaffolding erector/remover.

Old 09-08-2006, 05:51 PM

Hello Jack, As you know the IAM is a large union covering many entites, you worked or work in the aerospace or airline industry, I remember when Ron started out after high school, working on a lathe,milling machine etc., rebuilding different components to specs at an old major trucking parts supplier in Chicago and where he retired from. HE is and has been a "Machinist" all his adult life and has had the unending love for Pontiacs.
Simon