Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-09-2020, 07:20 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Undercarriage and frame paint

Hi everyone. I'm starting to develop an interest in a '66 GTO convertible. In pics and narrative, appears to be a very nice car. My question is this: the frame needs to be repainted/restored and is showing signs of semi-gloss black paint. The floor pans and related areas also show signs of the same color black with some of the paint worn off exposing metal. Would the factory have painted the area's described in a black paint?? It doesn't matter a whole lot. I just want to make sure I know what I'm getting into. I've done a cursory inquiry with the owner who said the car had a "ground up" restoration. Asked what this meant exactly and he said the restoration took place with the body on the car. I have to assume the undercarriage wasn't touched. Thank you, Carmine.