Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-12-2019, 03:46 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

A little update for those following along...I hesitate to call this momentum - but at least it is progress...

The roof is done to the point that it has less than about 1/16" variance in height which should allow the whole thing to be bodyworked without excessive amounts of filler. The roof seams and two areas where the patch panel joined the windshield channels have been leaded. And all the bare metal is in epoxy primer to protect it.

Also a little more work was done to the passenger quarter to get the quarter panel extension to fit way better than the factory fit. This involved making a small piece of the quarter and welding and planishing it in. This has been an area of these cars that I notice - to me the detail of the quarter extension fit is often the difference between a nice car and a really nice car.

Thanks for following along. Hopefully we can keep the rock rolling and continue making progress.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Leaded Roof 1.jpg
Views:	1268
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	524327   Click image for larger version

Name:	Leaded Roof 2.jpg
Views:	1233
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	524328   Click image for larger version

Name:	Extension Patch 1.jpg
Views:	1145