Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-18-2019, 01:10 AM
Ultimate Warrior

[QUOTE=68ragtop;5904544]My battery cable is exactly 38-1/8" long overall. including the connectors at each end, & with the lug end for the engine side un-bent. I bought it from Ames probably 14 years ago?

Here is the same or similar diagram from the 69 assembly manual. Looks like the same pict with a few part numbers. Appears to be the same 545249 clip used in other places. Could this be a 69 thing? Wonder why neither KK68 or I have holes in our fender wells. Something added in 69 maybe?

It does have some measurements for the hole & says there is a dimple for it. I looked again on my 68 wheelwell & I don't see a dimple. "0" line could be a frame measurement reference point?/QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdoro 68 View Post
Maybe it was a plant or an early/late '68 thing? My car was built in May '68 in Arlington.
The diagram you show above is what the resto guide calls for in '70 since the negative is routed outside that clip. Taking the negative cable outside of the clip might give it a little more slack, maybe I'll try that. I'm pretty sure the clips are the same one that holds the harness to the top of the fenderwell, at least that's what I'm using. Part number P101 in the Ames catalog.
Pulling a few quotes from the past in regards to HO/RA battery cable routing for 68 GTOs.
Since I have my inner fenders off the car I checked for the dimples on my Fremont car. If you look at the photos, I circled the dimples that weren't drilled out.
This shows that at least with the Fremont cars, the dimples are to the front, near the bottom for the RA battery cables.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fo+zJV34QmCsStPAk6ARkQ.jpg
Views:	913
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	520454  

1968 GTO (Thanks Mom)
2006 Silverado
2007 Cadillac SRX
2015 Chevy Express