The Body Shop TECH General questions that don't fit in any other forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-15-2020, 05:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default fender adjustment

I wanted to add steel to close gaps to the door edge rather than the fender.

to widen the gaps I wanted to take it off the fender because I knew I would have to take quite a bit off and would easily grind thru the door skin edge and I was afraid I would risk loosening the skin and create rework.

the area where I had to grind back the fender is a formed/folded over area and I knew I would grind thru that also but knew it wouldn't loosen things up to bad.

none the less, it was touchy but I went at it very slowly, cooling the welds as I went. came out trouble free imagine that.

I removed the door latch pin for the process. my passenger door doesn't need nearly as much work. it just needs gap closing adding steel. much easier.

once I have the front fender gaps and bottom of door gaps and adjustment done I will move to the rear of the door to quarterpanel jamb gap adjustments. the door stays on with no adjusting for the back, much less work!

Last edited by JUDGE3; 12-20-2023 at 10:57 AM.