Old 05-11-2015, 07:40 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Stay until they get there, tell them you are looking and have had no luck. By the time they evict, that 2 weeks will pass. If somehow they force the issue, sue them for however much it costs to make the changes and cover stay somewhere else. Or have them find you a place.

You can also have a POD placed on the new property, and have your moving co move your things into the POD.

1970 GTO Judge Tribute Pro-Tour Project 535 IA2
http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=760624
1971 Trans Am 463, 315cfm E-head Sniper XFlow EFI, TKO600 extreme, 9", GW suspension, Baer brakes, pro tour car
https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com...ght=procharger
Theme Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zKAS...ature=youtu.be
Old 05-11-2015, 09:37 AM
Ultimate Warrior

No "clause" in the lease… just bad form. Suing isn't viable for us given that we haven't picked up the keys yet (scheduled for today) and we need a quicker resolution with everything else in play. We took the opposite tact--just bit our lips, smiled, and negotiated in a very friendly manner. We were painfully understanding and pleasant... ended up with free rent/no fees until Aug 1. We'll still have to move again, which isn't trivial given the home we're moving from is about 5,000 square feet plus garage, but at least we won't be in a hotel with all our stuff in storage. In the meantime, we're trying to line up something else.

I hadn't thought of PODs…might work for our outdoor stuff that would survive the heat.

I'm sure I'll talk to Joe today, Boss…I'll tell him you said hi.

Old 05-11-2015, 09:47 AM
Ultimate Warrior

That is being a good sport. Wish you the best, hope it works out, sound like you have a handle on it.

1970 GTO Judge Tribute Pro-Tour Project 535 IA2
http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=760624
1971 Trans Am 463, 315cfm E-head Sniper XFlow EFI, TKO600 extreme, 9", GW suspension, Baer brakes, pro tour car
https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com...ght=procharger
Theme Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zKAS...ature=youtu.be
Old 05-15-2015, 08:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

We found a new place to lease…thank god we only have to move once…here's a shot of our cars all snuggled up in their new nest.

The goal is to finish the Formula in time for the Goodguys Southwest Nationals in November…with everything else going on it's going to be a significant challenge.

Here's a photo of the wheels I'll be ordering soon.

Old 06-24-2015, 05:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Car has been drying out in the hot Arizona sun for a few weeks now. Ready for blocking.

For some reason this photo exaggerates the swooping line on the quarter above the rear wheel. It's actually pretty subtle, and blends into the horizontal shadow line on the upper part of the door. It's funny, I never really noticed this before. The more time I spend with my 2nd generation Firebirds, the more I appreciate the complexity of the lines/curves in the body panels. As another example, there's a lot more going on with the trunk lid/upper quarters than first meets the eye.

I think the crease behind the rear wheels is a bit too sharp and could be knocked down to better match the sharpness on the doors and fenders.

I haven't done much of anything else except pick up the subframe from the powder coaters…I had it done in black satin…looks great.

Won't be doing too much else with the car over the next couple months that will require significant money. We wrote a huge check today to close on the parcel of land tomorrow. Also been paying an architect and engineers for custom home plans…in fact, they're almost finalized and ready to go to the city for approval. We'll have a 4-car garage connected to the house for daily drivers and another one that will be 35 X 96 (14' ceilings, w/HVAC, water, etc.) for the Pontiacs and other projects. I've never had a big space like this before and I'm really looking forward to it. I want to be able to finish the Formula there.

Old 06-24-2015, 09:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote "I think the crease behind the rear wheels is a bit too sharp and could be knocked down to better match the sharpness on the doors and fenders." < End Quote..
I agree, that style line is a bit sharp. Car looks great though...
can you even use wax and grease remover there for a guide coat, or does it evap too quick?

Old 06-25-2015, 09:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Yes evaporation is an issue...it's impossible to wash a windshield at a gas station because the solution dries as soon as it touches the glass. I believe Randy uses darker primer for guide coat... our friend Joe might be doing some of the blocking... if his business ever slows down, maybe he'll chime in...I know he's missed here

Old 06-26-2015, 09:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator67 View Post
The more time I spend with my 2nd generation Firebirds, the more I appreciate the complexity of the lines/curves in the body panels. As another example, there's a lot more going on with the trunk lid/upper quarters than first meets the eye.

I think the crease behind the rear wheels is a bit too sharp and could be knocked down to better match the sharpness on the doors and fenders.
Agreed on both counts... the surfacing on these cars was just beautifully done, and that line behind the rear wheel has been worked up to be too crisp.

70 Formula RA III / M21 / Lucerne Blue / Bright Blue
Old 06-27-2015, 11:13 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith k View Post
...that line behind the rear wheel has been worked up to be too crisp.
Same issue in front of the wheel as well…this was something we noticed when we first received the quarters from Ron Johnson. I wondered whether the lines on the quarters were too sharp or the lines on the doors and fenders were too soft. Photos seem to make this line look sharper, but after inspecting lots of doors and fenders, the line is actually fairly soft. Very few complains with the quarters otherwise.

On another note Keith, we continue to enjoy your '68. It's the perfect driver…our go-to car for errands and weekend outings with the family.

Old 06-27-2015, 05:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I had the same concerns on my old car. I thought the line looked too sharp. When I pointed it out to the body guy, he just shrugged and made some comment about it being easier to knock it down than to build it up. He said it would be smoothed out in the final blocking, and it was.

Quote:
I wondered whether the lines on the quarters were too sharp or the lines on the doors and fenders were too soft. Photos seem to make this line look sharper, but after inspecting lots of doors and fenders, the line is actually fairly soft. Very few complains with the quarters otherwise.

On another note Keith, we continue to enjoy your '68. It's the perfect driver…our go-to car for errands and weekend outings with the family.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP3726.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	401446   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP3727.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	401447  

Old 07-22-2015, 06:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Haven’t made much progress on the Formula as of late, but I’m really looking forward to getting started again. I’ve been helping a friend with a motor similar to the one planned for my car and it turned out great--it's an aluminum 505, Tiger Cub heads, Fast EZ EFI 2.0. The owner wanted a very mild/quiet idle and that’s what he got. Sounds like a 068 cammed motor…that is, until you step on the gas. Super crisp throttle response. It made just under 600hp on the engine dyno. What's really cool is that it’s built to mimic factory appearance--Pontiac Blue with factory pulleys, brackets, accessories, valve covers, air cleaner, etc. I’m doing essentially the same thing except going with the longer stroke to 535ci, a little more cam, and a less restrictive exhaust. Should make significantly more power for the same cost, so why not? The parts are sitting in my friend's garage, but we won't assemble it until the car is more complete...I can't wait.

Old 10-27-2015, 09:28 PM

Very cool project. The Formula has allays been one of my favorites... Keep up the progress.

Old 10-28-2015, 10:02 PM

Question for Gator67, were did you get those quarter panels and tail light panel? That's just what I need for my 73 formula.

Old 10-28-2015, 10:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Jack View Post
Question for Gator67, were did you get those quarter panels and tail light panel? That's just what I need for my 73 formula.
I got the tail panel directly from Goodmark. The quarters came from Ron Johnson.

Old 10-28-2015, 10:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 421-6speed View Post
Very cool project. The Formula has allays been one of my favorites... Keep up the progress.
Thanks. Progress has stalled…been super busy with work…and still working on plans for the property. I hope to have a chance to stop by the shop to see Randy early next week.

Old 10-29-2015, 08:15 PM

Quote:
I got the tail panel directly from Goodmark. The quarters came from Ron Johnson.
Are the quarters NOS or reproduction? Who is Ron Johnson does he have quarters for sale, I desperately need LH / RH full quarter panels.

Old 10-29-2015, 08:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Jack View Post
Are the quarters NOS or reproduction? Who is Ron Johnson does he have quarters for sale, I desperately need LH / RH full quarter panels.
Ron was a major help bringing these to market.
http://www.goodmarkindustries.com/p-...1-850-701.aspx
http://www.goodmarkindustries.com/p-...1-601-70r.aspx
http://www.goodmarkindustries.com/p-...1-601-70l.aspx

Old 10-29-2015, 08:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

why do i know that name,but cant figure out who he is????

The Goat whisperer

"I spent a lot of my money on booze, crazy women, and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."

Old 10-29-2015, 09:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Potomac Pontiac. PotomacClassic.com Member sd7369.

Old 10-29-2015, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Held for Ransom View Post
Potomac Pontiac. PotomacClassic.com Member sd7369.
Thank you very very much for sharing the information on the quarter panels and tail light panel, you've made my day. Oh and the information on Ron Johnson, he sounds like a great man.