WELCOME!

Go Back   PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together > PY Welcomes 2004-06 GTO Owners > 04-06 General Tech/Discussion

04-06 General Tech/Discussion 2004-2006 GTO General Tech and discussion.

Old 05-16-2004, 01:14 PM

There were 5 or 6 04 gtos there yesterday.1 run 13.60s and the rest were mid to high 14s w/traps less than 100.Atleast the runs i saw.Not very impressed but it was around 90 degrees and track looked slick.I was hopping to see some modded cars.There was a guy in a blue one slamming gears.I saw florits car but missed it if he run. If you read this what is the deal with all the holes in your hood?And also please change the lic. plate frame with all the asian writing on it. Looks very rice.
Old 05-16-2004, 01:14 PM

There were 5 or 6 04 gtos there yesterday.1 run 13.60s and the rest were mid to high 14s w/traps less than 100.Atleast the runs i saw.Not very impressed but it was around 90 degrees and track looked slick.I was hopping to see some modded cars.There was a guy in a blue one slamming gears.I saw florits car but missed it if he run. If you read this what is the deal with all the holes in your hood?And also please change the lic. plate frame with all the asian writing on it. Looks very rice.
Old 05-19-2004, 07:36 AM

I took three runs, getting slower each time. (Heat soak?) My first and best run was a 14.041@99.44. My 60' times are what's killing me because I'm not an experienced drag racer. Bogging off the line won't get it done.

The hood is a carbon fiber hood off of Stu Hayner's #5 GTO, which runs in the Speed GT series. They had to modify the race car's hood, so they sold the old one on ebay. I bought it. The car is in the body shop as we speak getting the hood's holes filled and the hood repainted. It will look much better.

I do not disagree with your opinion of the license plate bracket. That and the "Red Dragon" rubber floor mats are my 14-year-old son's contribution to the GTO. I caved on the bracket and mats, but absolutely REFUSED to apply any of the DECALS he suggested.
Old 05-19-2004, 01:28 PM

I understand caving it to the kids. Glad to see the hood getting fixed and it was very hot up there and the track didn't look like it hooked up very well.Looked like all you guys were having fun.