WELCOME!

Go Back   PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together > PY Welcomes 2004-06 GTO Owners > 04-06 General Tech/Discussion

04-06 General Tech/Discussion 2004-2006 GTO General Tech and discussion.

Old 07-26-2004, 08:11 AM
Ultimate Warrior

GTO Going, Going, but Not Gone

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>General Motors has no intention of abandoning its reborn GTO badge, despite a slow start-up for the Australian-made muscle car. The GTO "is a permanent addition to thePontiac stable," GM's Bob Lutz, stressed during an interview with TheCarConnection.com. "Maybe in retrospect, we should have done a more retro (looking) car," the GM vice chairman added, but he forcefully emphasized that "the car is not a flop." If anything, Pontiac officials insist that the "Goat" is gaining momentum, especially in the critical California market. While dealers in import-oriented Los Angeles account for only 1.4 percent of total Pontiac sales nationwide, they generated 4.6 percent of the overall GTO volume through mid-July, according to company data. While Lutz declined to discuss future product plans, industry sources report that the next generation of Pontiac's muscle car will be much more aggressively styled than the current, jellybean-shaped two-door. GM has good reason to hang onto the GTO. Since it's adding incremental volume to a product already on sale in Australia, "It's making a lot of money," despite a slow start in the U.S., said Lutz. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

www.musclecarsgalore.com
www.nikivee.com
[www.reverbnation.com/nikivee

1967 Pontiac GTO
1967 Pontiac Grand Prix
1972 Pontiac Lemans Sport Convertible
2015 Dodge Challenger ScatPack 392, 6 speed
2017 Ford Explorer AWD
Old 07-26-2004, 08:11 AM
Ultimate Warrior

GTO Going, Going, but Not Gone

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>General Motors has no intention of abandoning its reborn GTO badge, despite a slow start-up for the Australian-made muscle car. The GTO "is a permanent addition to thePontiac stable," GM's Bob Lutz, stressed during an interview with TheCarConnection.com. "Maybe in retrospect, we should have done a more retro (looking) car," the GM vice chairman added, but he forcefully emphasized that "the car is not a flop." If anything, Pontiac officials insist that the "Goat" is gaining momentum, especially in the critical California market. While dealers in import-oriented Los Angeles account for only 1.4 percent of total Pontiac sales nationwide, they generated 4.6 percent of the overall GTO volume through mid-July, according to company data. While Lutz declined to discuss future product plans, industry sources report that the next generation of Pontiac's muscle car will be much more aggressively styled than the current, jellybean-shaped two-door. GM has good reason to hang onto the GTO. Since it's adding incremental volume to a product already on sale in Australia, "It's making a lot of money," despite a slow start in the U.S., said Lutz. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

www.musclecarsgalore.com
www.nikivee.com

1967 Pontiac GTO
1967 Pontiac Grand Prix
2017 Ford Explorer AWD
Old 07-26-2004, 08:22 AM

it's good to hear although it wouldn't make any difference as far as being happy i made the decision to buy mine. on other boards i posted about the trip i made to the beach to take my pictures. for a "sleeper" car that's "bland" it sure garners a lot of attention. for the third time since i got the car i caught a guy leaning out his window taking pictures while we were driving down the road. at the beach when i was taking the shots i got so much attention i was almost embarrased. there were too many gawks, thumbs up, honks and waves to count.
Old 07-26-2004, 10:21 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I hear ya. I posted the article for those that seems to think the GTO is already dead. How wrong they are.

www.musclecarsgalore.com
www.nikivee.com

1967 Pontiac GTO
1967 Pontiac Grand Prix
2017 Ford Explorer AWD
Old 07-26-2004, 03:36 PM

Send a message via AIM to The Who Send a message via MSN to The Who

Good to hear. I can't wait to see what's in store for the goat. At least their not giving up on it even though they are having a slow start.
Old 07-26-2004, 04:38 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by svede1212:
for the third time since i got the car i caught a guy leaning out his window taking pictures while we were driving down the road. at the beach when i was taking the shots i got so much attention i was almost embarrased. there were too many gawks, thumbs up, honks and waves to count. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Did you have a supermodel with you. I can't believe any car gets that much attention.Three guys hanging out their windows taking pictures.Maybe they think you're cute.
Old 07-26-2004, 05:24 PM

seeing my wife is sitting next to me i'd have to say "sure" altho do you understand it was 3 separate incidences with the driving picture taking. maybe we 'yokels" in the automotive state are easily impressed but it still suprises me the amount of curiosity and admiration of the car. before getting ziggy i was starting to question my wait especially after reading places like this. but i went back and looked again and knew what i liked. the affirmation of unsolicited people makes me think it may be taking hold and is just suprising icing on the cake to me. the shinest truck, the hottest vet or even some of the classics don't get anymore attention. that tells me despite the naysayers that maybe this is the start of a trend and not the death. pontiac has the luxury of importing these cars off of excess production capacity. that redefines the conventional wisdom of the enconomies of auto sales. remember too, if we all drove cars based on the affirmation of sales we'd all be driving mustang's (i had a '64 1/2) or better yet toyotas. come to think of it somebody drove those first toyotas too.
Old 07-26-2004, 06:18 PM
Senior Chief

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>"Maybe in retrospect, we should have done a more retro (looking) car," <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Duh! Can I have his job, I think I could handle it. Not bashing the new car. If I could afford one, I'd have one.
Old 07-26-2004, 06:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Ok guys... Sneak peek at the 05 Monaro.. Think 05 GTO.

www.musclecarsgalore.com
www.nikivee.com

1967 Pontiac GTO
1967 Pontiac Grand Prix
2017 Ford Explorer AWD
Old 07-26-2004, 09:32 PM

pretty much looks like the 04 but with hood scoops and dual exhaust, which is cool, but not sure it'll please any of the die hard gto crowd. I think it looks good, still a bit of a sleeper look but Im not expecting the agressive look till at least 2006-2007.
Old 07-27-2004, 04:24 AM
Ultimate Warrior

It's been known for a long time that the 05 GTO would not look that much different than the 04. It addresses some of the "issues" that were complained about. Of course the bigger deal is the LS2 6.0L 400HP engine is know standard on the 05 GTO.

www.musclecarsgalore.com
www.nikivee.com

1967 Pontiac GTO
1967 Pontiac Grand Prix
2017 Ford Explorer AWD
Old 07-27-2004, 05:03 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Damn if I could get any 04 on the cheap and and that hood I'd be happy then add a 402 with cnc Ls6 heads with a 200 shot then I'd be happy, at least for a few passes.

7.940@170.84. 3460#s
Old 07-27-2004, 05:52 AM

I like it.. well except for the "yellow" but y'know... make it impulse blue , or cosmos..

or even

Old 07-27-2004, 05:53 AM

and with a 400hp ls2 , this thing should smack an '05 cobra around for fun.
Old 07-27-2004, 06:14 AM
Ultimate Warrior

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GTO_2004:
and with a 400hp ls2 , this thing should smack an '05 cobra around for fun. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah it could if they was an 05 Cobra. The Ford Mustang Cobra won't be back until 2006. But rumour is it will push close to 450HP or more when it does come back.

www.musclecarsgalore.com
www.nikivee.com

1967 Pontiac GTO
1967 Pontiac Grand Prix
2017 Ford Explorer AWD
Old 07-27-2004, 06:33 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nickv:
[QUOTE]it will push close to 450HP or more when it does come back. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ya, ya .. bring it.. Bring IT ON !!!

we will be ready by then !! Grrrrr
Old 07-27-2004, 12:01 PM

2006.. isnt that the year that the GTO will have a brand new styling? and judging by the modifications/additions to the 05 GTO, I think the 06 will have even more options. Boy the future sure seems bright Too bad I won't be able to afford one till I'm out of university and have a good job
Old 07-27-2004, 01:22 PM
Senior Chief

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GTO_2004:

ya, ya .. bring it.. Bring IT ON !!!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Be careful what you ask for. You might want to make sure you can handle their new pick-up truck first.
Old 07-27-2004, 06:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to Goathead

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>make sure you can handle their new pick-up truck first. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

HUMMM, where have I heard about that one before?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJrDl3nRNCM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fvywdocl4GA

http://ultimategto.com/icongraf/65headtitle.jpg
Old 07-28-2004, 03:36 AM

pound for pound the ls1 is better, faster , gruntier than the 5.4 in the lightning, im talking without a power adder like supercharging, an ls1 powered holden positively destroys the 5.4l in the falcon which is a N/A version of the lightning motor in 3 or 4 valve form.

the question is will GM / Holden build a motor that can handle forced induction from the factory, and do it, i think they can and they will, i dunno about GM North America, but Holden doesn't like to play second fiddle against Ford, sure they got thown in to the deep end for the first model year , but they will regroup, and slowly desemate Fords attempt at the title.

I can't show you any solid proof, but watch as this whole saga slowly unfolds over the next few years