Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 2.68 seconds.
Search: Posts Made By:
Forum: THE LOBBY Today, 12:39 PM
Replies: 10
Views: 166
Posted By sdbob
My local tire shop for as long as I can remember,...

My local tire shop for as long as I can remember, maybe this am. They have been buying HF jacks. Their Snap on Jack's were leaking and expensive to repair. Like John said use it if it leaks get...
Forum: THE LOBBY Today, 12:10 PM
Posted By mgarblik
Harbor Freight is not the same as 10-15 years...

Harbor Freight is not the same as 10-15 years ago. They have typically 3+ lines of most tool groups. In the hydraulic jacks/equipment. Central Machinery is the cheap crap. Pittsburgh branded is a...
Forum: Pontiac - Street Today, 11:56 AM
Replies: 7
Views: 333
Posted By CROCIE JR
Position of the roller tip on the valve is not...

Position of the roller tip on the valve is not very important. If its in the center, great. If its off to one side or the other 0.050" who cares. If you have the narrowest sweep, you have by default...
Forum: THE LOBBY Today, 11:52 AM
Posted By RocktimusPryme
The long reach low pro model is awesome.

The long reach low pro model is awesome.
Forum: THE LOBBY Today, 11:36 AM
Posted By Sirrotica
The Daytona jacks are the same as what Snap On...

The Daytona jacks are the same as what Snap On sells off of their trucks, the difference is the stickers, and the price.....LOL

If you watch any amount of You Tube videos or Motor Trend shows....
Forum: Pontiac - Street Today, 11:24 AM
Replies: 118
Views: 14,059
Posted By JLMounce
Thanks, me too! Engine is going back in...

Thanks, me too! Engine is going back in tomorrow. I put a fresh coat of engine black on the pulleys and brackets.

I need to get those on the engine today, phase the distributor and change a...
Forum: Members Helping Members Today, 08:14 AM
Replies: 5
Views: 216
Posted By sdbob
We have local Hillman Center about 3 miles from...

We have local Hillman Center about 3 miles from me. Arnie Palmer helped $$ support it as his wife had cancer. The oncologist Dr Geiger there after 1st biopsy said you may want to get 2nd opinion.So...
Forum: Pontiac - Street Today, 07:45 AM
Replies: 16
Views: 684
Posted By steve25
Yup, and without knowing how thick that 326...

Yup, and without knowing how thick that 326 gasket is I gotta say that’s at least 3 CCs worth of added compression.

If your motors deck surface and head surface are not fresh then be sure to spray...
Forum: Pontiac - Street Today, 05:54 AM
Replies: 48
Views: 1,241
Posted By Cliff R
I still remember being in the pits at Norwalk...

I still remember being in the pits at Norwalk about 20 years ago and a guy pitted next to us "hit" his new 455 build with a shot of nitrous with disasterous results. He tore the engine down at the...
Forum: THE LOBBY Yesterday, 10:38 PM
Replies: 7
Views: 590
Posted By Squidward
Love it!!!

Love it!!!
Forum: Pontiac - Street Yesterday, 10:19 PM
Replies: 14
Views: 511
Posted By hurryinhoosier62
Yep. I use AN960 washers.

Yep. I use AN960 washers.
Forum: THE LOBBY Yesterday, 10:11 PM
Replies: 856
Views: 87,732
Posted By tom s
Pic

Pic
Forum: THE LOBBY Yesterday, 10:09 PM
Posted By tom s
Took my 63 Lemans to the Orange County Fair...

Took my 63 Lemans to the Orange County Fair Grounds for the Crusin for a Cure car show and cruise.Couple thousand cars will be there I’m told.Tom
Forum: THE LOBBY Yesterday, 10:00 PM
Posted By 67drake
My engine builder said my LeMans heads are done....

My engine builder said my LeMans heads are done. He machined them to 92 cc so that should put me at 8.0-8.2:1 area on CR. No more detonation worries. I already have a Summit 2800 and Hy lift Johnson...
Forum: THE LOBBY Yesterday, 09:40 PM
Views: 419
Posted By fyrffytr1
I got lucky. I called several shops and finally...

I got lucky. I called several shops and finally talked to a live person. He was just fixing to leave. Anyway he sent a crew over and they fixed the door. Then, I got lucky again. The storm shifted...
Forum: Pontiac - Street Yesterday, 08:36 PM
Replies: 16
Views: 684
Posted By ponchjoe
And this is the visual reason why you want to use...

And this is the visual reason why you want to use 326 gaskets and not the consolidated 8518pt gasket from Felpro
Forum: 68-69 GTO Tempest & LeMans TECH Yesterday, 07:07 PM
Replies: 2
Views: 85
Posted By Bruce Meyer
You need direct vacuum at all times. Not ported....

You need direct vacuum at all times. Not ported. If your fan is not working on high it could be a blown or missing fuse in the feed from alternator or it could be the high speed relay that's mounted...
Forum: Pontiac - Race Yesterday, 06:25 PM
Views: 357
Posted By hojs69
Just pinged them. Thanks Paul.

Just pinged them. Thanks Paul.
Forum: THE LOBBY Yesterday, 03:56 PM
Replies: 14
Views: 422
Posted By soupman
Not sure if he still is in business or not. . I...

Not sure if he still is in business or not. . I got a set from him probably at least 15 years ago, great headers.
Forum: THE LOBBY Yesterday, 02:48 PM
Replies: 19
Views: 1,110
Posted By b-man
Even if you have to trailer the car 100 miles or...

Even if you have to trailer the car 100 miles or so it’ll be worth it to have a reputable shop handle the work.

I hauled all of my 421 engine in pieces to someone who’s much more experienced than...
Forum: Suspension TECH Yesterday, 02:43 PM
Replies: 3
Views: 120
Posted By b-man
I used a 1970 Firebird 1” bore manual disc brake...

I used a 1970 Firebird 1” bore manual disc brake master in my ‘64 Le Mans and it’s great, I have ‘69 GP 11” discs and stock rear drums.
Forum: Pontiac - Race Yesterday, 01:30 PM
Posted By PAUL K
See if Renegade is available in your area. We...

See if Renegade is available in your area. We switched from Sunoco Supreme to Renegade 112 and the new fuel is holding its own. The Renegade was $170 cheaper (55 gallon ) than the Sunoco. But that...
Forum: Pontiac - Race Yesterday, 01:19 PM
Replies: 13
Views: 564
Posted By rcush
You guys were correct, 180 out, guess that’s why...

You guys were correct, 180 out, guess that’s why I need to triple check everything. Ran good for about a minute then oil line came off remote oil filter, going to redo line and do again. Oil...
Forum: Pontiac - Race Yesterday, 12:41 PM
Posted By hojs69
I keep a stainless steel drum for stock in the...

I keep a stainless steel drum for stock in the shop. Fill from 5 gal pails now. Pump directly into car.

Cannot order drums where i am now without a decent delivery fee. Used to have drums drop...
Forum: Pontiac - Street Yesterday, 12:05 PM
Replies: 41
Views: 1,203
Posted By Steve C.
Makes sense, thank you. And I can relate to...

Makes sense, thank you.

And I can relate to your comment about wheel dynos being hard to compare numbers. When I converted to direct port fuel injection on my 505 we were unable to use the engine...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500