Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 2.60 seconds.
Search: Posts Made By:
Forum: Pontiac - Street Today, 07:31 PM
Replies: 5
Views: 88
Posted By Jay S
The pitting on the bearings is from acidic oil...

The pitting on the bearings is from acidic oil sitting in those engines for long periods of time when the engine is not in service.
Forum: Pontiac - Street Today, 07:10 PM
Replies: 5
Views: 88
Posted By 67drake
They look similar to the bearings on my ‘69 400....

They look similar to the bearings on my ‘69 400. I pulled it about a month back mainly because the rear main leak was SO bad. Low mileage engine that had no ring ridges. I pulled the pistons without...
Forum: Pontiac - Street Today, 05:26 PM
Replies: 29
Views: 1,021
Posted By Steve C.
"Moving what is the biggest aluminum foundry in...

"Moving what is the biggest aluminum foundry in the country out of California"

If this is fact one might question if the decision in part was politically driven and involving the state of...
Forum: THE LOBBY Today, 03:57 PM
Replies: 49
Views: 2,248
Posted By b-man
Edit your pictures first by cropping them ever so...

Edit your pictures first by cropping them ever so slightly, then download them.

Then they won’t turn sideways.
Forum: Pontiac - Street Today, 03:25 PM
Posted By PAUL K
This industry is in trouble. Ninety percent of it...

This industry is in trouble. Ninety percent of it is ran by indoctrinated college graduates. Holley's new CEO and team just came up with "physiological price points" ..... They figured that folks are...
Forum: Pontiac - Street Today, 03:13 PM
Replies: 33
Views: 795
Posted By mgarblik
I don't have any problems with stock Pontiac rods...

I don't have any problems with stock Pontiac rods in stock rebuilds, restoration engines, up to certain RPM's and HP. What is that point? I would say 5800 RPM's on a 3" main and 5500 on a 3.25"...
Forum: Pontiac - Street Today, 02:45 PM
Posted By steve25
Better yet a 326 grocery getter that your grandma...

Better yet a 326 grocery getter that your grandma owned.
Forum: Suspension TECH Today, 02:21 PM
Replies: 27
Views: 852
Posted By 64speed
Just an update. Chatted with UMI tech for a long...

Just an update. Chatted with UMI tech for a long time. Ordered their factory height rear springs to go with the one inch lowering springs I have from them in the front so at least the springs will be...
Forum: THE LOBBY Today, 02:03 PM
Replies: 49
Views: 2,248
Posted By Baron Von Zeppelin
I dont think anyone ever completed a program for...

I dont think anyone ever completed a program for iron heads , but seems like someone was trying at one point years back.

Paul was making aluminum Eheads look more like factory heads with casting...
Forum: Pontiac - Street Today, 01:59 PM
Posted By b-man
Okay how about we consider what every investment...

Okay how about we consider what every investment group ends up doing to a company whenever they buy them out, fire the high paid brains of engineering and development and wring out whatever they can...
Forum: Pontiac - Street Today, 01:49 PM
Posted By SRR
That sucks!

That's the thing with cast rods is if they fail, it's catastrophic. If you must use cast rods find some out of a 350 that had 2 series gears behind them, those rods were never stressed!
Forum: Pontiac - Street Today, 12:06 PM
Posted By steve25
I am pretty sure that like 90% of most cast rod...

I am pretty sure that like 90% of most cast rod failures that take place below 5400 are due to oil related issues and or detonation.

Once a rod bearing gets near this shown level of failure up at...
Forum: Pontiac - Street Today, 11:21 AM
Posted By Skip Fix
Probably, as were the stock rods in my 455 when...

Probably, as were the stock rods in my 455 when it had my RAIV heads on it and they turned 6000 all the time with the heavy TRWs, shift point based on dyno peak HP + 500. They are recycled in the...
Forum: Pontiac - Street Today, 10:55 AM
Posted By chiefbigb
Where does it end price wise? I have seen broken...

Where does it end price wise? I have seen broken cast main caps,broken factory nodular iron cranks,broken factory valves. The list is long. The difference between a 3500 dollar rebuild and 7000 is...
Forum: THE LOBBY Today, 09:32 AM
Replies: 1
Views: 132
Posted By mgarblik
RIP, Mr. Goldsmith. A great driver who really...

RIP, Mr. Goldsmith. A great driver who really raised the profile of Pontiac during the SD era. Brian Lohmes has a nice story and tribute to Mr. Goldsmith's driving capabilities highlighting his...
Forum: Pontiac - Street Today, 09:28 AM
Posted By soupman
I had a 455 in a 74 Firebird I drove for 1000’s...

I had a 455 in a 74 Firebird I drove for 1000’s of miles. I never shifted higher than 5000rpm in that motor, always ran great drive it everywhere. One day I shifted at 5000 and the stock rod broke...
Forum: Pontiac - Street Today, 09:23 AM
Posted By Skip Fix
FWIW John Schloe with his 69 NHRA Stocker and the...

FWIW John Schloe with his 69 NHRA Stocker and the RAIV motor buzzed it up to 7K out the back door with stock rods before they allowed aftermarket rods. In the 10s WAY back when!
Forum: Pontiac - Street Today, 09:10 AM
Replies: 95
Views: 3,893
Posted By TCSGTO
Maybe next time he can have the people doing the...

Maybe next time he can have the people doing the actual design and engineering answer questions?
Forum: 70-72 GTO Tempest & LeMans TECH Today, 09:04 AM
Replies: 0
Views: 62
Posted By 1972 Lemans GT Jim
What did you do to your 1972 LeMans GT today??

Since I am relatively new and have had the car for over 2 decades I thought I might start to catalog/share what I have done up to this point (within reason) to kind of catch up to present day.

Not...
Forum: Pontiac - Race Today, 08:36 AM
Replies: 23
Views: 872
Posted By BILL BOWMAN1
Was never able to see under the hood of either....

Was never able to see under the hood of either. Yeah, that air cleaner was horrible. I was shocked how many cars were there for Friday night. They are having a super class this weekend. Comp, gas,...
Forum: THE LOBBY Today, 07:46 AM
Replies: 0
Views: 122
Posted By Radman
Rain

Finally some much needed rain. I have a rain gauge on my deck that I check in the morning. It has been 20 days from the last measurable rain here. From 6PM to 7:30AM today I got 2.3 inches. In...
Forum: THE LOBBY Yesterday, 11:57 PM
Replies: 86
Views: 2,426
Posted By Verdoro 68
I ordered the swatches last week when we were...

I ordered the swatches last week when we were considering the car since my wife and son were drawn to interior. I’m honestly surprised they sent them out so quick considering what I’ve heard about...
Forum: Pontiac - Street Yesterday, 11:01 PM
Posted By chiefbigb
I agree on the sir rods. They have a bolt instead...

I agree on the sir rods. They have a bolt instead of the stud and nut design. Better material. Heavier I have not researched yet. I would spend just as much redoing stock rods as a set of those. To...
Forum: Pontiac - Street Yesterday, 10:02 PM
Posted By JLMounce
The rods I took out of my 455 were repeatedly...

The rods I took out of my 455 were repeatedly spun to 5700 rpm. They all looked good and straight, factory bolts too.

For a stocker or very mild performance build, I wouldn't hesitate to use...
Forum: THE LOBBY Yesterday, 09:07 PM
Replies: 1
Views: 132
Posted By 694.1
Paul Goldsmith: Indianapolis Star reports his passing at 98

Goldsmith was an absolute giant in motorsports.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/motor/2024/09/06/paul-goldsmith-the-oldest-living-indy-500-starter-died-at-98-friday/75109250007/
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500