Thread: Danica Haters
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2014, 08:21 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirrotica View Post
If you don't recognize Petty's win on the basis of some rule bending, then JJ shouldn't have any championships. Cheatin Chad has been caught every year by the NASCAR Gestapo trying to gain an unfair advantage. If the last Hendrick appeal would have went the other way (and I think it should have) he wouldn't have won last year.
As much as I don't like JJ, this is where I need to disagree with you and it revolves around another problem I have with NASCAR.

Innovation is what set the early teams apart. The ability to open a rule book & read between the lines, building cars that met the rules, but weren't even close to stock is what moved the entire series forward - hell even the MFG's were doing it - Superbirds were just one example.

The fact that Chad will still try to come up with improvements when NASCAR says that our rules include everything we haven't thought up yet is a testament to his strength as a crew chief. Ray Evernham was another building the T-Rex car for the Winston that had so many innovations it became illegal as soon as the race was over.

It's part of the series and goes as far back as the early shine runners with the beefed up springs - take that away like NASCAR wants to, and it's just another IROC race.

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
The Following User Says Thank You to The Boss For This Useful Post: