View Single Post
Old 04-20-2022, 08:10 PM

Default insurance suggestion

I have 4 cars w/Liberty Mutual/Safeco @ 60K agreed value for just over 600. yr. The real kick is shopping for homeowners found they offered about a 500 dollar savings over Amica which I had for many years. Then by bundling, they gave a $600. discount on combo. So cars are basically FREE. I have had 2 claims on what is essentially my wife's "daily" 01 PT Cruiser, One was for a roof & windshield replacement from airborne spare while parked. The responsible party's insurance attempted to total the PT at 1400., but since I had agreed value at $6500. it was repaired w/$400. deductible which they reimbursed from other company. I am on my third year w/ minimal increase in premiums, (less than $20. year.) I found them while researching companies and finding no one else that would take me as all my vehicles are old & "classic" and did not have a "Daily late model" for each driver. All was done online and telephone w/the in house agency Emerald City Insurance Agy.. I was told by agent that vehicle use was not an issue, including my 34 Chevrolet street rod. We really have no need for true "Daily Driver" as we are both retired and I alternate between the 34 and a 72 C10 for errands. I have avoided auto insurance for years other than liability because of cost, but I can highly recommend Liberty Mutual/ Safeco.

1964 Chevrolet Suburban/Carryall 4X4
1972 Chevrolet C10 "Highlander"
1978 GMC Jimmy 2WD Slammed SOLD!
1992 Pontiac Grand Prix coupe