View Single Post
Old 11-12-2023, 10:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1967gto1 View Post
Question for you ZeGermanHam,

On the front of your dash, did you spray that with rattle cans or with a spray gun? Did you wet sand between coats/final coat and polish after the final coat or did you just apply a few coats and leave it at that? The reason I ask is because I have a 67 and I painted the front face of the dash with satin black rust-oleum. I applied three coats and wet sanded between coats. I wasn't quite happy with the way it turned out so I bought a can of SEM satin black interior paint, thinking it was better paint. I applied two coats and wet sanded between coats. The rust-oleum paint went on better than the SEM paint. I keep getting blotchy spots with the SEM paint. Anyway, I have five coats on top of the old paint and don't really want to keep putting coats of paint on. I thought about just trying to wet sand then polish this last coat of paint. Do you have any tips on what is the best way to do it? By the way, I have enjoyed your restoration thread. It has been very helpful with some of the things I've been trying to do to my car.
Sorry for the slow reply! My painter shot the dash with a 2-part epoxy paint with a gun, but I didn't like how it turned out. It was too flat. I ended up spraying it again myself with Duplicolor DE1635 satin black engine enamel with ceramic from a spray can. Came out perfect.

1966 Pontiac GTO (restoration thread)
1998 BMW 328is (track rat)
2023 Subaru Crosstrek Limited (daily)
View my photos: Caught in the Wild