View Single Post
Old 02-07-2024, 02:02 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay S View Post
If you have a N case 8.2 I would get a TA cover and run it and not replace it until something breaks, in the 12s with drag radials, that might be never. But it could be the first pass too, that is drag racing..LOL
I have a '69 XH code 3.55 4-pinion posi with a nodular case right now that's not original to the car. It was rebuilt about 10 years ago. The conundum is it's a relatively valuable rear for someone restoring their car. Would a $200 TA cover really add that much strength to it? It would be a shame to blow it up when I could sell it and recoup some of the cost of a more stout rear end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay S View Post
For the money, it is hard to beat buying a 8.5, then depending on how quick it is do other upgrades. I bought a 8.5 a few weeks ago from a 72 Cutlass for $350. There was a salvage years that had several 8.5s from 72 Chevelle’s and Buicks, he wanted $350 also. I have seen some asking $500.
If I could find a core for that price, the decision might be easier. I was thinking they'd be easier to find around here, but maybe I'm not looking in the right places.

Agree on a 9" screaming "modified: which is why I was leaning towards the 12 bolt. "Keep your GM car all GM"

'95 Comp T/A #6 M6 - bone stock (pics)