View Single Post
Old 02-26-2019, 12:35 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Alright, since I cannot edit existing posts after an hour has passed, I'll just include the photos from posts #19 and #22 here, this time using Imgur rather than Google Photos. Please let me know if the photos still aren't showing up.

Yesterday I test fitted my donor trunk lid. It fit very nicely and is in great shape. I feel very fortunate to have found it.

I wanted to save the trim from my original trunk, which was no small feat. Because the rear edge of my original trunk was rotted out so badly, the previous owner had glued it on...

I moved on to remove the trim around the windshield. No big surprises here. I knew there was rust at the base of the windshield. Fortunately, the rust seems to be isolated to the center panel at the base of the cowl. The outer pillars can probably be reused. I didn't see any rust up higher, but the glass is still in, so we'll see... On a related note, some of the trim clips were in rather poor shape. How does one go about fixing that issue. Are replacement clips available?

Here is the part that I think is going to be a headache. My A/C heater box is pretty ratty. Based on what I've read so far, nobody makes reproductions of the A/C heater boxes, correct? To add insult to injury, I see that Ames does not make reproduction metal for the side kick panel/inner cowl in this location for A/C cars. Does anyone else?

Lastly, here is the photo showing the dash pad retainer clips that go into the holes of the dash that folks were curious about.

Thanks for reading!

1966 Pontiac GTO (restoration thread)
1998 BMW 328is (track rat)
2023 Subaru Crosstrek Limited (daily)
View my photos: Caught in the Wild

Last edited by ZeGermanHam; 02-26-2019 at 12:40 AM.