View Single Post
Old 04-02-2019, 10:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Not much of an update, but I did spend a little time working on the GTO this past Sunday. When the car was being moved in the shop the previous week, it ruptured a wheel cylinder at the front right wheel and puked a bunch of brake fluid out (and the pedal went to the floor). I'd like the car to remain mobile for as long as possible, so I spent part of the day removing the drum (took some persuasion...) to see what caused it. Turns out the upper bolt which the brake shoes pivot from sheered off and the wheel cylinder pulled through the backing plate (rust probably contributed) and ripped out its own seals in the process.

It's not a big deal for me, since I will be upgrading to disc brakes anyway. In the meantime, I removed all the brake parts from that wheel and plan to cap off the brake line so that I can use the three remaining brakes to move the car around the shop without losing fluid.

Apologies for the silly question, but what is the tread size of the brake fitting in circled in the attached photo? I should know this, but with the car stored off-site, I can't wander out to the garage and confirm. Thanks fellas.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170819_113341.jpg
Views:	390
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	509470  

1966 Pontiac GTO (restoration thread)
1998 BMW 328is (track rat)
2023 Subaru Crosstrek Limited (daily)
View my photos: Caught in the Wild