Old 06-01-2024, 11:23 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Also keep forgetting that I need to install a drain hose from the bottom of the antenna housing through the trunk floor. Don't want the trunk full of water!

Old 06-01-2024, 11:32 AM
Ultimate Warrior

This is what I referenced to locate my antenna (thanks to eric65!): https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com....php?p=2965519

Old 06-05-2024, 08:56 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Installed drain line yesterday. Guess I need to run some water over it and see what happens. Forgot to mention that I painted the gold motor and aluminum housing matte black.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Antenna.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	111.9 KB
ID:	634765  

Old 06-06-2024, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSchmitz View Post
Installed drain line yesterday. Guess I need to run some water over it and see what happens. Forgot to mention that I painted the gold motor and aluminum housing matte black.

Thank you for sharing the photos. I'm still not sure if I'll use the original style power antenna or the new one that's like yours. The original style doesn't have a fitting to attach a drain hose to so I guess it was intended that any water that gets into it just drops into the trunk. That's one of my concerns, however, in reality I'm not going to drive it in the rain and it will be stored in my garage.

Old 06-06-2024, 07:04 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcygan1 View Post
Thank you for sharing the photos. I'm still not sure if I'll use the original style power antenna or the new one that's like yours. The original style doesn't have a fitting to attach a drain hose to so I guess it was intended that any water that gets into it just drops into the trunk. That's one of my concerns, however, in reality I'm not going to drive it in the rain and it will be stored in my garage.
My pleasure to share! I'm not familiar with the factory antennas. People want too much money for them. I'm thrilled with this setup. Radio reception is fantastic!

Old 06-06-2024, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSchmitz View Post
My pleasure to share! I'm not familiar with the factory antennas. People want too much money for them. I'm thrilled with this setup. Radio reception is fantastic!
Thank you again. Do you know the model number of the Harada antenna you have?

Old 06-06-2024, 12:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcygan1 View Post
Thank you again. Do you know the model number of the Harada antenna you have?
Yep, MX-22.