Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-09-2008, 12:29 AM
Ultimate Warrior

"Not only will my SD #922799 (Autozone) clutch engage and disengage at idle speeds, you can actually hear it change speeds while engaged. The car sounds just like it has an electric fan on it...Robert"

thats the way 4 of my cars work. all with factory fans/clutches
1987 F250 SD 460, 1979 Cad Fleetwood 425, 1974 455 GrandVille, 1986 motor home w/460Ford
All sound like a jet engine under the hood when the clutch is engaged.
No clue as to actual temps on those vehicles. The Fords do have temp gauges (C-H), the relative highs and lows seem to run the same summer or winter. The 2 GM cars dont seem to roar as loud as they used to, I think those original clutches are getting worn out. I really like those big clutch fans. Since moving to Tucson I put a piece of tape over any temp gauge with numbers. I dont want to know the actual temp. My heart wont stand it.

Last edited by BVR421; 07-09-2008 at 12:39 AM.