Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-19-2012, 11:53 PM

Default GTO - Judge Clone build

New to the PY forums. I've been tooling around the Trans Am Country forums for awhile now while restoring a '78 Trans Am. I've always wanted a Carousel Red '69 GTO "Judge" and just recently happened across a rolling chassis GTO that I couldn't pass up so I had to find a place to hang out with other GTO enthusiasts.

Bought this '69 GTO as a rolling chassis. Was a pretty basic 400/4spd w/o air or power anything. I have a 400/4spd from a '78 W72 T/A that will be going in soon. Gotta fit a new trunk pan, RR quarter patch, RF fender patch, right door skin, and do some other minor body work before it gets paint. While this wasn't a Judge, it's going to be cloned into one...this is just going to be my toy if I ever get done with it. Already have a stack of new sheet metal to start installing. Here's some pics of it shortly after picking it up and of the rear filler panel work that I started on today.

SWISS CHEESE!!!

Unfortunately they don't make this piece aftermarket so I'm going to have to make one.