Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-31-2014, 12:28 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Reid View Post
Well, everyone here is pulling for you. I hope you can find someone local who is into Pontiacs and knows his way around them. Maybe when the weather breaks you can attend some car shows and get to know some local Pontiac'rs.
Thanks, I do go to/take my viper to every local car show. I love it how people still flock towards a 16 year old car like that. I want the Custom S to be the same thing eventually, but the whole fam damily can go cruising. I had visions of driving to the mountains (about 3 hours away) this summer with them, but now I wouldn't feel it's dependable enough yet.

I have made strides with the thing for sure thanks to you guys (it doesn't leak like a seive, and stops on a dime). I'm thinking all is not lost, but the idiot owner before me didn't maintain it so I am left doing it. I will have to get my mechanic to do some work that I am not able to, but I have still learned a tonne and saved a lot of coin regardless. After yesterday I see strides have been made with the motor, so some effort and tuning will make it 100 times better. I dont think a sticky manual choke and -20C weather helps my starting/stalling/stress situations.

In fact it was so much better yesterday that my worry has changed to the transmission (Since I put the fluid in there after a filter change, it won't go into P and the key won't come out. I am thinking there might be a tad too much fluid in there, causing this issue, but this is another story for another day)