THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-30-2018, 09:41 PM

Default UPDATE:... 67' Catalina/Executive , 4-door, 428

I went and looked at the car and I was the only one that came out to look at it, to say the least,.. So with your guy's advice and info I went hunting..

Well,.. it was the Holy Grail of 428 engine's,... It was the..
-- 428 HO engine, YK code, 4bbl, 670 heads and long horn exhaust manifolds..
with a 400 trans numbers matching, 4 door Catalina... 67'000 org. miles..
Also a 8 track player and tilt steering ..

The body is blue straight and faded with some needed rust repair and blue interior is pretty clean,.. the bumpers and whole front clip look great on this car...It was tied down on a descent car trailer and I did get to hear it run for about a minute, sounded good.. The asking price was $3500 for the car,...

So after walking through knee high wet field grass to see the car and climbing all over the trailer to find the letters and numbers , he told me the car and trailer had to go ASAP,. cause the property the car sat on wasn't his...

Well,.. I told him I could make his car and trailer disappear tonight,.. but it would have to be way less than $3500,. So it ended up being less than $2500,...
I was real happy... and he was too,,!! what a night.!!. He had know clue about the motor...

Thanks,. crazy day for sure,!!!