Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-29-2022, 07:41 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default You Don't See One of These Every Day!

A local customer brought this by the shop a couple of weeks ago. We've been trying to get together to "fix" the carb on it for almost a year now. I was shocked when i saw it, unmolested original every where. He didn't remember ever touching the carburetor and is the original owner.

The car had been off and taken apart decades ago however, and had some "issues". When I removed it there was an late model Olds gasket under it, it had some internal issues as well, and ALL the threads for the fuel filter housing came out with it.

It took a little longer than usual (cash and carry Friday's) for a Friday morning job. I usually have them in and out of here in a couple of hours.

The car was amazngly stock, still had the TSC hooked up and working, when most of those were amputated before the vehicle reached it's first birthday. Can't say as I've ever seen a nicer unrestored Judge in my time. It had a little over 50,000 original miles on the clock and the only thing the owner ever remmebered having done to it was replace the timing set early on when the plastic coated top gear failed...........

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4846.jpg
Views:	1448
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	599509   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4849.jpg
Views:	1444
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	599510   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4841.jpg
Views:	1499
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	599511   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4842.jpg
Views:	1470
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	599512  

73 Ventura, SOLD 455, 3740lbs, 11.30's at 120mph, 1977 Pontiac Q-jet, HO intake, HEI, 10" converter, 3.42 gears, DOT's, 7.20's at 96mph and still WAY under the roll bar rule. Best ET to date 7.18 at 97MPH (1/8th mile),
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Cliff R For This Useful Post: