THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-30-2024, 12:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I was at a cruise in the other day looking over a '55 T-Bird and it got me thinking about generations. 30 years ago they were selling for top dollar and now they hardly get a glance.

There will be an inevitable downturn, but don't write off the kids today. I get a lot of interest in my car from my son's friends in High School. They love and appreciate the car, they've just been priced out from buying one. The one exception I can think of is the kid who recently scored a rough around the edges '71 El Camino SS454 4 speed on Marketplace. Just like we were, they're into what they can afford - diesel trucks, '80s G bodies, 4th gen F-bodies, 4th & 5th gen Mustangs. As a result, the collector car market will change as that generation grows older. The ZL1s, Demons, GT500s will be the top dogs. While I expect the market to soften for traditional '60's and '70's musclecars, I'm convinced they will always be a cornerstone.

'95 Comp T/A #6 M6 - bone stock (pics)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Verdoro 68 For This Useful Post: