WELCOME!

Go Back   PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together > PY Welcomes 2004-06 GTO Owners > 04-06 General Tech/Discussion

04-06 General Tech/Discussion 2004-2006 GTO General Tech and discussion.

Old 06-03-2005, 07:50 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by judge_jury_executioner_69:
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

&lt;Typing slowly so you won't miss it:&gt;

T h e w h o l e c a r !

keep typing real slow and tell me what is avaliable on your pontiac gto and only your pontiac gto ? other then the badges. hell the car was made in australlia my real gto was made in pontiac michigan. why dont you get a fart cannon for it and a body kit then you will fit in with the imports. cant forget the wing and all the stickers.[/QUOTE]

You know, throughout your ridiculous, useless posts and responses, I have remained silent as most of them weren't worthy of a reply. I chalked it up as another uninformed member looking to have a little mutual fun with no harm intended.

But as you have clearly demonstrated, it will be impossible for you to lose the DA of the year contest. What, exactly, is the point you're trying to make, and who exactly are you directing it to? Think you know more about the new goats than the owners? Think your OPINIONS will dissuade the OWNERS from believing what they already know to be fact? Who here has bashed imports or any other car? Whose avatar illustrates an import being urinated upon? You are very proud of your OLD Goat, and rightfully so. It is a great car that will always be one of my personal favorites. The NEW Goat is not for everyone and obviously this includes you. I suggest you tenaciously hold on to your current Goat because no more will ever be built if you expect your criteria to be met.
Old 06-03-2005, 08:47 AM
Senior Chief

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by steve kepecs:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">This is the heart of the dispute between new GTO supporters and bashers on this forum: The bashers don't want it called a "Pontiac GTO". Somehow it is "unworthy" in their opinion. Nevertheless, I have yet to read one valid reason why it is unworthy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I NEVER said the new GTO is unworthy of it's name. I own one and I call it GTO all the time!Proudly! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ditto. Or maybe I should say: "Me two". Was just disagreeing about it making a difference what it's called.
Old 06-03-2005, 09:12 AM
Ultimate Warrior

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by judge_jury_executioner_69:
me- thats ok if your 04/05 has a/c delco,guide lamp,fisher that makes it a pontiac. my car is a pontiac because it was made in pontiac michigan,and has a pontiac engine. can you say the same? i didnt think so at least for the chevy imposter. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I guess my '66 is an imposter since it was assembled in Baltimore!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">me- what wouldntbeat a chevelle ? or who dont own a chevelle ? thats why i have a PONTIAC not a chevy/holden/import. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">me-the 428 in my car is a pontiac engine and not a "GM" ( chevy )powertrain part like the 04/05. can you say the same ? i didnt think so. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The LS-1 is original equipment on my '04 Pontiac, as it was on my '01 Pontiac. A 428 was never OEM on a '69 GTO, so your's must be a Chevy.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">since the tranny going in your real gto isnt factory. did those pontiac heads come on that motor ? i guess its not a true pontiac according to your theory. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, according to YOUR theory, neither of my cars are a Pontiac, but then again, your's isn't either! I am thinking of building another short block, 3" mains using Chevy rods..... Then my real Pontiac engine will be more Chevy than my LS1 is! Heck, the Tremec going in my old GTO is very similar to the Tremec in my new one. Certainly more alike than the antiquated Muncie I took out of there..... Oh, and the Moser 12 bolt makes it a Chevy as well, since Chevelles WERE available with 12 bolts, but '66 GTO weren't. I guess Chevy IS better. Whew, I am glad that I turned my sub par GTO into a Chevelle, like you are doing to yours!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> so what if i dont have a numbers matching car its still a pontiac motor and not a chevy. try again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Funny, my '04 IS numbers matching, yet, you still don't think it's a Pontiac..... Is my '66 a real Pontiac?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">me-so the cam i bought from comp makes my engine a chevy even if chevy never made a 428 ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Chevy never made a 346 either, but that doesn't seem to stop you from thinking that they did....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> what would your cam be listed under? import?chevy?holden? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

General Motors

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> cmon man i think you can do better then that. get real. if you guys that own 04/05's on here talk bad about imports then why do you own one ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Get real? LOL....... the only one bringing up the word "imports" is you.......

It is 2005...... The "real" pontiac engine has been dead for 26 years. It is NOT coming back as OEM equipment in a newly manufactured car.

As much as it pains me to say it, the LS1/2 is a better engine, overall, than anything that Pontiac has ever turned out, and I am a die hard Poncho fan, just not a blind one.

In the real world, the LS1/2 is a much more practical engine, without sacrificing performance or durability (your idiotic experiment aside...... I can guarantee that a "real" Pontiac would have blown in that tard fest as well...a lot sooner than the LS1)..

Unlike your '69, I can actually drive a 350 hp, RWD V8, on pump gas without compromising timing, CR or mileage. Or comfort. It does it all, and it does it well. You'll learn eventually. You already know that a high CR engine on pump gas is a PIA to run on a daily basis, which is why you are trying to lower the CR on your 428 (even if you are going about it backwards).

Back in the early 80's, I had a stock '66 GTO AND a '77 GP. The '66 was OK for tooling around town, but if I had to go anywhere, the '77 was a far better choice. The GTO was a LOT faster than the '77 though. With the '04, I have the comfort and practicality of the GP, without compromising power in the least. In fact, the '04 will run about .7-.8 tenths faster, on 93 octane, than my old '66 would on regular/avgas mix AND get 28 MPG on the highway vs. less than 10 in the old one.

Welcome to the new millenium....

"I open up three deuces, I'm Never Coming Back!"

Old 06-03-2005, 01:53 PM
Senior Chief

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tripower455:

me-so the cam i bought from comp makes my engine a chevy even if chevy never made a 428 ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Chevy never made a 346 either, but that doesn't seem to stop you from thinking that they did.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Also using JJEs logic, since the LS2 displaces 364 ci's, has two valves per cylinder and pushrods, I guess my '05 has a Buick engine in it. LOL!
Old 06-04-2005, 02:27 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

You know you've lost the argument when you start mentioning fart cans and body kits for the new GTO. Too bad it will still smoke your OLD REAL PONTIAC and get double the gas mileage with the AC one doing 80mph and has a interior BMW would be envious of.

You keep driving your old Pontiac. I'll take the new one to drive everyday thank you very much.[/QUOTE]

at least mine has a pontiac engine.
Old 06-04-2005, 02:57 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

You know, throughout your ridiculous, useless posts and responses, I have remained silent as most of them weren't worthy of a reply. I chalked it up as another uninformed member looking to have a little mutual fun with no harm intended.

But as you have clearly demonstrated, it will be impossible for you to lose the DA of the year contest. What, exactly, is the point you're trying to make, and who exactly are you directing it to? Think you know more about the new goats than the owners? Think your OPINIONS will dissuade the OWNERS from believing what they already know to be fact? Who here has bashed imports or any other car? Whose avatar illustrates an import being urinated upon? You are very proud of your OLD Goat, and rightfully so. It is a great car that will always be one of my personal favorites. The NEW Goat is not for everyone and obviously this includes you. I suggest you tenaciously hold on to your current Goat because no more will ever be built if you expect your criteria to be met.[/QUOTE]

finally you understand. how long did it take ? Mr GTO was acting like it (new GTO) was so high and mighty and untouchable. i pointed out a few imports that didnt have 400hp that could hang with it if not beat it in any catogory that you would want to compare (this was a long time ago when the 04's werent even here yet). then he got upset and said well it has to be RWD,under a certin price,2 door,im suprised he didnt even pick out a color the car had to be. i did this to prove a point that in my opinion chevy "(GM)" has milked the 5.7L for way too long. 400 hp or not. with all the things that ford and dodge are doing why is GM not responding? its sad if imports can hang with if not beat this 400hp all mighty 5.7L chevy. and youd think that would motivate GM. my criteria is american made big engine unique looking (being able to tell the diffrence between makes and models) cars. and with 400 hp wouldnt get beat by imports. if i wanted a import id buy one. if i cared about gas mileage id buy a prius. id expect the domestics to actually be domestics. if thats so hard to understand then who should win DA of the year? no they half a** the new GTO and slap the badge on it when its not supposed to be a retor car and realize that sales werent good at all so then decide to give it more retro cues. and you embrace this car for what reason(s)? yeah i would have waited longer so they could get this embarassment at least halfway right that they call the new GTO. now if the only childish responce im gonna get is that its a pontiac because GM says it is dont even bother. gm can call it what they want. but in no way shape or form will it be a GTO in my eyes. i knwo what a real GTO is considering pontiac "makes" the car it should have a pontiac engine (like mine) i cant wait to see your responce to this post.
Old 06-04-2005, 02:59 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

that and because it has a 455 which wasnt stock in your car. and thats your logic
Old 06-04-2005, 08:02 AM
Ultimate Warrior

that and because it has a 455 which wasnt stock in your car. and thats your logic </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uhh,,, OK......... Sarcasm is a new concept for you, huh?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">finally you understand. how long did it take ? Mr GTO was acting like it (new GTO) was so high and mighty and untouchable. i pointed out a few imports that didnt have 400hp that could hang with it if not beat it in any catogory that you would want to compare (this was a long time ago when the 04's werent even here yet). then he got upset and said well it has to be RWD,under a certin price,2 door,im suprised he didnt even pick out a color the car had to be. i did this to prove a point that in my opinion chevy "(GM)" has milked the 5.7L for way too long. 400 hp or not. with all the things that ford and dodge are doing why is GM not responding? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Again, how many imports or domestics can "hang" with the new GTO in all aspects....... I can't think of one other car that is in the same overall class as the new GTO (can't say that for the classics for sure....), unless you forget about price, and get into some of the top end German cars. How is getting 400 HP out of a driveable NEW engine "milking" anything. Even the LS-1 has only been out since '97. Look at how great the last "real" pontiac v-8s were compared to the heyday of Pontiac power. THAT was milking a concept for too long. The only good part about the last 301/265s was the fact that you could easily up the power levels, by swapping in an earlier 350/400/455 where the short deck "pontiac" was...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> its sad if imports can hang with if not beat this 400hp all mighty 5.7L chevy. and youd think that would motivate GM. my criteria is american made big engine unique looking (being able to tell the diffrence between makes and models) cars. and with 400 hp wouldnt get beat by imports. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's even sadder, but true, when they can beat the classic ones even worse. Funny that you'll criticise the new one unmercifully, yet, your classic Chevelle with the Ford engine doesn't meet ANY of your criteria.......

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> id expect the domestics to actually be domestics. if thats so hard to understand then who should win DA of the year? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe not DA of the year, but naive kid of the year maybe.......

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> no they half a** the new GTO and slap the badge on it when its not supposed to be a retor car and realize that sales werent good at all so then decide to give it more retro cues. and you embrace this car for what reason(s)? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Read the previous 20 pages as to why we like the new ones. To recap, it is a far better GTO, in every respect, than anything Pontiac has ever produced.........

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">yeah i would have waited longer so they could get this embarassment at least halfway right that they call the new GTO. now if the only childish responce im gonna get is that its a pontiac because GM says it is dont even bother. gm can call it what they want. but in no way shape or form will it be a GTO in my eyes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, you better call Pontiac and tell them that it isn't a GTO!!!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">if i wanted a import id buy one. if i cared about gas mileage id buy a prius. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Since you seem to have missed the point (big surprise......), I brought up mileage to prove that the new engines are not a compromise..... You get more power than the old ones, with TRIPLE the economy and no headaches when running in traffic........ Do you get that with a Prius? You'll be lucky to eek out 15-17 mpg with the 428 at half the HP of an LS1. Maybe you SHOULD buy a Prius....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> i knwo what a real GTO is considering pontiac "makes" the car it should have a pontiac engine (like mine) i cant wait to see your responce to this post. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Obviously not.........

Pontiac hasn't made a marque specific V-8 since the 301/265...... Sure, I'd MUCH rather have one of those in a new GTO than the LS1/2 (that was sarcasm....) .......... Pontiac didn't make your car with that Ford engine (428, so it must be a Ford, right? )

Old 06-04-2005, 11:38 AM
Senior Chief

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">i knwo what a real GTO is considering pontiac "makes" the car it should have a pontiac engine (like mine) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just keep right on living in the past. As far as whether or not you think the new GTO is real or not...
Old 06-04-2005, 11:38 AM
Senior Chief

Oh, by the way.
Old 06-04-2005, 12:22 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Thanks Jeff, I needed a good laugh!!! He will win the contest by a landslide victory. All of the runners-up have disappeared.
Old 06-04-2005, 02:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

LOL&gt;.... in all seriousness, I wouldn't exactly place the troll moniker on JJE...... He does participate in other parts of the forum, as does DJ. Misinformed and opinionated as they are, I don't consider them trolls....... At least they both have some bitchin' Chevelles!

Now Whatamorono...... He's another story.....

Old 06-04-2005, 03:58 PM
Senior Chief

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tripower455:
LOL&gt;.... in all seriousness, I wouldn't exactly place the troll moniker on JJE...... He does participate in other parts of the forum, as does DJ. Misinformed and opinionated as they are, I don't consider them trolls....... At least they both have some bitchin' Chevelles!

Now Whatamorono...... He's another story..... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're right Tripower, I know they contribute a lot in other forums. I was just having a little off-topic fun.
Old 06-05-2005, 01:34 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jeff R.:

Now Whatamorono...... He's another story..... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're right Tripower, I know they contribute a lot in other forums. I was just having a little off-topic fun. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i dont contribute in the other forums a lot. i dont know near as much about these old cars as id like to buy i try to learn something new everytime i get on here. i might have made a mistake with my 428 and putting the #16 heads on but i still have a 86 1/2 ton chevy. so it wasnt that bad of a mistake i can just drive my pickup. id just like to get more streetability outof my 428 (when i get all the parts on it). i decided to go with whatever the machine shop suggests they deal with pontiacs on a daily basis and know whats best for what im trying to do. but the new gto has hit a nerve with me. it is going against what the real gtos were (pontiac power in a american made car) and you cant go wrong with the styling. in my mind GM could do a lot better. i cant embrace this (new GTO)like it is the best pontiac ever made. oh by the way 455 look up mitsubishi evolution VIII or IX. or "Evo VIII" as theyre called for short. it can pull 1 g in a skidpad,i forgot the 0-60 times and it will run 13.1-4 (i forgot what exactially) in the 1/4 out of the box. 27X hp AWD 4 door import,6 (or 4) cylinder,priced right around the new GTO.thats just 1 example. if i have a chevelle with a ford engine what the he** am i doing on this site. i might be nieve abotu some things but id never own a ford. i hate fords worse then the new gto. then imports bring up the back of the pack ( kinda like in racing ) but i can respect 2 maybe 3 imports as far as out of the box stats go.
Old 06-05-2005, 06:45 AM
Ultimate Warrior

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">i dont contribute in the other forums a lot. i dont know near as much about these old cars as id like to buy i try to learn something new everytime i get on here. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

IMHO, you should spend more time on the other parts and learn more about your old one, than to continue to bash the new one.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> i might have made a mistake with my 428 and putting the #16 heads on but i still have a 86 1/2 ton chevy. so it wasnt that bad of a mistake i can just drive my pickup. id just like to get more streetability outof my 428 (when i get all the parts on it). i decided to go with whatever the machine shop suggests they deal with pontiacs on a daily basis and know whats best for what im trying to do. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

See above comment.....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> but the new gto has hit a nerve with me. it is going against what the real gtos were (pontiac power in a american made car) and you cant go wrong with the styling. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you'd take the time to look, you'll see that the new one embraces the tradition of the the classic GTO.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> in my mind GM could do a lot better. i cant embrace this (new GTO)like it is the best pontiac ever made. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As someone whose owned several classic GTO's, and one new one (as well as a few other Pontiacs, I can say with no uncertainty that the new one is the best GTO, overall, ever made.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> oh by the way 455 look up mitsubishi evolution VIII or IX. or "Evo VIII" as theyre called for short. it can pull 1 g in a skidpad,i forgot the 0-60 times and it will run 13.1-4 (i forgot what exactially) in the 1/4 out of the box. 27X hp AWD 4 door import,6 (or 4) cylinder,priced right around the new GTO.thats just 1 example. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I honestly couldn't care less about the rice burner. It may be faster than the new GTO, but it is not in the same class as the GTO. I bet it's even FWD (or just as bad, AWD). If you want to compare imports to the new GTO, take a look at BMW, which is much closer to a GTO than a 4 banger $_itbox.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">if i have a chevelle with a ford engine what the he** am i doing on this site. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You tell me...... What color is your '04 GTO?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> i might be nieve abotu some things but id never own a ford. i hate fords worse then the new gto. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Too bad your chevelle has a ford engine in it!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">then imports bring up the back of the pack ( kinda like in racing ) but i can respect 2 maybe 3 imports as far as out of the box stats go. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A GM V8 powered, RWD car, that runs in the 13s isn't worthy of your respect, yet, "2 maybe 3 imports" you do respect?

Old 06-05-2005, 09:32 AM
Senior Chief

JJE: A couple corrections - The LS2 powered GTO at 400 HP is 6.0 liters, not 5.7. Also, driven correctly, it will do high 12s "out of the box".

Just go drive one, please. Then come back here and tell Bob Lutz what you think of the car.
Old 06-06-2005, 02:10 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

i dont contribute in the other forums not because i dont want to but because you guys grew up in the times when these cars were all over the road. me i was stuck with the 80's/90's. blah.( except a typhoon/syclone/grand national ) hell i was born in 82. i wont argue about the imports being a sh** box but if you compare then 0-60,1/4 mile,skid pad they (the 2 maybe 3) can hang with it. i dont like that. it just dont sound right. the evo VIII has sparco racing seats (in the front) from the factory. why ? i guess so you can stay planted in the seat when youre pulling 1g in the skidpad. carbon fiber wing and all. insted of driving a new GTO theres a Typhoon at a car lot here in town id rather get that then the GTO.
Old 06-06-2005, 02:19 AM
Ultimate Warrior

i dont contribute in the other forums not because i dont want to but because you guys grew up in the times when these cars were all over the road. me i was stuck with the 80's/90's. blah.( except a typhoon/syclone/grand national ) hell i was born in 82. i wont argue about the imports being a sh** box but if you compare then 0-60,1/4 mile,skid pad they (the 2 maybe 3) can hang with it. i dont like that. it just dont sound right. the evo VIII has sparco racing seats (in the front) from the factory. why ? i guess so you can stay planted in the seat when youre pulling 1g in the skidpad. carbon fiber wing and all. insted of driving a new GTO theres a Typhoon at a car lot here in town id rather get that then the GTO. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good, then go get into it. Seems like you don't have a clue about cars, how to work on them, etc. Go test drive a Evo and then test drive a GTO and tell us. Otherwise go buy a Typhoon and spend a ton of money making it work correctly.
Old 06-06-2005, 05:06 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">. insted of driving a new GTO theres a Typhoon at a car lot here in town id rather get that then the GTO. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
COOL! Then you can go to a Typhoon forum and b*tch about the GTO instead of here.
Old 06-06-2005, 08:15 AM
Senior Chief

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr_GTO:
i dont contribute in the other forums not because i dont want to but because you guys grew up in the times when these cars were all over the road. me i was stuck with the 80's/90's. blah.( except a typhoon/syclone/grand national ) hell i was born in 82. i wont argue about the imports being a sh** box but if you compare then 0-60,1/4 mile,skid pad they (the 2 maybe 3) can hang with it. i dont like that. it just dont sound right. the evo VIII has sparco racing seats (in the front) from the factory. why ? i guess so you can stay planted in the seat when youre pulling 1g in the skidpad. carbon fiber wing and all. insted of driving a new GTO theres a Typhoon at a car lot here in town id rather get that then the GTO. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good, then go get into it. Seems like you don't have a clue about cars, how to work on them, etc. Go test drive a Evo and then test drive a GTO and tell us. Otherwise go buy a Typhoon and spend a ton of money making it work correctly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly.

JJE: Just go test drive one. While it is obvious that you don't have to be an owner to either appreciate or hate one, I think it would be, at the least, a requirement that you test drive one before you compare its performance with something else (which you probably haven't test driven either). Once you give one of these new GTO's a test drive, I promise you, you'll see it and the Australian division of an American company as something more than comparable to other "%_$#box imports", as you put it.