WELCOME!

Go Back   PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together > PY Welcomes 2004-06 GTO Owners > 04-06 General Tech/Discussion

04-06 General Tech/Discussion 2004-2006 GTO General Tech and discussion.

Old 04-11-2005, 09:02 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The Champ:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rabon:
Bonneville GXP - also with a new V8 (don't know which engine but presumably the same as the GP) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's a 4.6 Liter, 275 HP Northstar V8.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rabon:
Wrong again whatza. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I see nothing has changed since my last foray on this forum...

How one person can be proven wrong so many times and yet still live in denial is beyond comprehension...

Yeah, I was wrong on the Zeta Platform elimination wasn't I Billy Bob or the 05 being offered with a higher spoiler and larger facias to appeal to the ricer crowd. BTW: How can you prove a person wrong on something that hasn't happened yet? You must be psycic.
Old 04-11-2005, 11:17 AM
Ultimate Warrior

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by red70goat:
Yeah, I was wrong on the Zeta Platform elimination wasn't I Billy Bob or the 05 being offered with a higher spoiler and larger facias to appeal to the ricer crowd. BTW: How can you prove a person wrong on something that hasn't happened yet? You must be psycic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I haven't posted on this forum for quite awhile. The fact that you may have been right once or twice doesn't change the fact that you have been "proven wrong so many times and yet still live in denial" as I posted.

And I'm not saying you were "right" on any of the things mentioned above, as I haven't read your posts. If it's your usual style, you were probably wrong, but out of context I won't condemn you...

Don't let the facts get in the way of your current or future diatribes though...
Old 04-11-2005, 11:47 AM
Senior Chief

Still waiting for pics of his cars though.
Old 04-11-2005, 02:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rabon:
Still waiting for pics of his cars though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL, I have a feeling we are going to be waiting a damn long time...
Old 04-11-2005, 04:39 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The Champ:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by red70goat:

And I'm not saying you were "right" on any of the things mentioned above

Of course not. You don't have the balls to admit when you're wrong.

Don't let the facts get in the way of your current or future diatribes though... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Again, whether there will be a 2007 GTO or not is a matter of opinion. While a worthy musclecar in every way, I feel due to the generic nature of the car and lack of exterior distinction from it's import counterparts it will not be sold as a GTO in 2007. The elimination of the Zeta platform was only the first step. The latest renderings show a small engine bay which can only equate to a smaller engine: therefor an option to another model. Elimnating some lesser brands in GMs lineup ( Buick, Holden ) and giving the GTO some very strong, instantly recognizable retro cues could very well make this car the dominant musclecar it once was. As far as those who own one: They seem to like the car very much and more power to them if they do. BTW: Mr G_T_O corrected me WITH ACTUAL DOCUMENTATION on a post where I had some '64 1/4 mile times by CD. They reported it was a 389 3x pwr. Given that info. I assumed it was stock. He was able to show me that the car was not stock but actually a ringer for the article. I admitted my error. Get over it.
Old 04-11-2005, 09:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Hey whatzit...

It's been common knowledge for decades that the C&D test was a ringer. Anyone that claims to know half as much as you claim to know about GTO's knew that.

I was ROTFLMFAO at your misguided post before I read Mr GTO's response...

And Mr GTO has also covered quite clearly on this thread that the Zeta platform has not been eliminated.

But don't let the facts get in your way...

I have no problem admitting when I am wrong, and I dare say that Mr. GTO will confirm that I have admitted to being wrong on the very few occassions that I have been.

Are you still trying to get us to believe that the Endura front end was an option on the GTO???
Old 04-14-2005, 04:47 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Hey whatzit...

Anyone that claims to know half as much as you claim to know about GTO's knew that.

Tell me what claim about GTO knowledge have I made other than being able to tell the external differences between Pontiacs earlier models and the GTO?.....Billy Bob

Are you still trying to get us to believe that the Endura front end was an option on the GTO??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope, I let that one go long ago. I knew you'd still try to make something out of that despite my numerous posts explaining in detail why some unscrupulous types try to sell it as a GTO. You probably didn't even know what a Jury was until I brought it to your attention.... Billy Bob .... BTW: I thought the content of this thread was No GTO or Camaro. Check my previous post and you'll see I did make such an attempt to stay on the subject. Perhaps you should do the same. If I'm wrong, I'll admit it, but I do believe this car currently being manufactured by Holden and marketed by Pontiac as a GTO will not see 2007 as a GTO unless some major changes are made in exterior styling and a powerplant uniquelly Pontiac is implemented. Pontiac should be GMs performance division, not Chevy. Dumping Holdens association and minivans from Pontiacs inventory would be a good start.
Old 04-14-2005, 05:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by red70goat:

Nope, I let that one go long ago. I knew you'd still try to make something out of that despite my numerous posts explaining in detail why some unscrupulous types try to sell it as a GTO. You probably didn't even know what a Jury was until I brought it to your attention.... Billy Bob .... BTW: I thought the content of this thread was No GTO or Camaro. Check my previous post and you'll see I did make such an attempt to stay on the subject. Perhaps you should do the same. If I'm wrong, I'll admit it, but I do believe this car currently being manufactured by Holden and marketed by Pontiac as a GTO will not see 2007 as a GTO unless some major changes are made in exterior styling and a powerplant uniquelly Pontiac is implemented. Pontiac should be GMs performance division, not Chevy. Dumping Holdens association and minivans from Pontiacs inventory would be a good start. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hate to burst your bubble....
http://goauto.carsales.com.au/mellor...256FE2001036F6

There is no unique Pontiac motor. And GM's best line is Holden. Hell, the GTO has a nicer interior than just about anything GM makes save for the STS.
Old 04-14-2005, 06:33 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr_GTO:

Nope, I let that one go long ago. I knew you'd still try to make something out of that despite my numerous posts explaining in detail why some unscrupulous types try to sell it as a GTO. You probably didn't even know what a Jury was until I brought it to your attention.... Billy Bob .... BTW: I thought the content of this thread was No GTO or Camaro. Check my previous post and you'll see I did make such an attempt to stay on the subject. Perhaps you should do the same. If I'm wrong, I'll admit it, but I do believe this car currently being manufactured by Holden and marketed by Pontiac as a GTO will not see 2007 as a GTO unless some major changes are made in exterior styling and a powerplant uniquelly Pontiac is implemented. Pontiac should be GMs performance division, not Chevy. Dumping Holdens association and minivans from Pontiacs inventory would be a good start. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hate to burst your bubble....
http://goauto.carsales.com.au/mellor...256FE2001036F6

No bubble burst here. With GMs focus on being a global marketer along with the idea of having all GM cars badged as GMs as opposed to individual product lines,it's not surprising they would retain a model line outside of the US that is doing well. I think by doing so they will continue to dissolve the distinction of the GTO as an American Icon Musclecar with it being phased altogether in '07. BTW: Did you even read that article or just the headline?

There is no unique Pontiac motor. QUOTE]

Uhhh, duh. That's the point.
Old 04-15-2005, 02:51 AM
Ultimate Warrior

No bubble burst here. With GMs focus on being a global marketer along with the idea of having all GM cars badged as GMs as opposed to individual product lines,it's not surprising they would retain a model line outside of the US that is doing well. I think by doing so they will continue to dissolve the distinction of the GTO as an American Icon Musclecar with it being phased altogether in '07. BTW: Did you even read that article or just the headline?

Uhhh, duh. That's the point. [/b] </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I read the whole article. The Holden line is the best line of cars GM makes outside of Caddy. That is a fact.

And in case you missed it with your vast knowledge of Pontiac history, you should have known that there hasn't been a PONTIAC powerplant since 1981. They are dead. Get over it.
Old 04-15-2005, 08:30 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr_GTO:

I read the whole article. The Holden line is the best line of cars GM makes outside of Caddy. That is a fact.

Perhaps. That wasn't my point. Integrating the Holden line into the GTO IMO can only continue to hurt, not help maintain the integrity of the GTO or even Pontiac in general.

And in case you missed it with your vast knowledge of Pontiac history, you should have known that there hasn't been a PONTIAC powerplant since 1981.

And where did I say there was? Perhaps it's time for them to start and do so with the GTO. GM whines that they don't have the $ for that. Dump some of the lesser models and product lines and they just might. IMO Pontiac should be an exsclusive GM Performance division with their own powerplants, model lines and not the occasional imported generic musclecar mixed in with their minivan inventory. I think that's the only way Pontiac is going to survive.
Old 04-15-2005, 06:03 PM

Perhaps. That wasn't my point. Integrating the Holden line into the GTO IMO can only continue to hurt, not help maintain the integrity of the GTO or even Pontiac in general.

And in case you missed it with your vast knowledge of Pontiac history, you should have known that there hasn't been a PONTIAC powerplant since 1981.

And where did I say there was? Perhaps it's time for them to start and do so with the GTO. GM whines that they don't have the $ for that. Dump some of the lesser models and product lines and they just might. IMO Pontiac should be an exsclusive GM Performance division with their own powerplants, model lines and not the occasional imported generic musclecar mixed in with their minivan inventory. I think that's the only way Pontiac is going to survive. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here we go again with "where did I say that" line.

Please , Please I implore all you people do not reply to to this person.... He has been proven wrong so many times it's not true!
Maybe if we just ignore him, he will finally go away.
Old 04-16-2005, 10:45 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ozzy:

And where did I say there was? Perhaps it's time for them to start and do so with the GTO. GM whines that they don't have the $ for that. Dump some of the lesser models and product lines and they just might. IMO Pontiac should be an exsclusive GM Performance division with their own powerplants, model lines and not the occasional imported generic musclecar mixed in with their minivan inventory. I think that's the only way Pontiac is going to survive. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here we go again with "where did I say that" line.

Please , Please I implore all you people do not reply to to this person.... He has been proven wrong so many times it's not true!
Maybe if we just ignore him, he will finally go away. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 04-16-2005, 02:23 PM

Send a message via AIM to The Who Send a message via MSN to The Who

Having problems with the quote function once again!?
Old 04-16-2005, 02:46 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ozzy:

Maybe if we just ignore him, he will finally go away. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry Oz I guess that's not going to happen. There are too many GM Monaro Glee Club idiots on here that will reply to anything: even a blank post. Thanks Jonathan, you proved my point.BTW: The Who sucks.
Old 04-16-2005, 04:47 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> posted by red70goat
BTW: The Who sucks. [/b] </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I could care less about either point in this debate; however, now you've gone too far
Old 04-16-2005, 10:34 PM
Senior Chief

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KVman389:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> posted by red70goat

I could care less about either point in this debate; however, now you've gone too far </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Attacking someone's music is just plain wrong. I had hoped members of this board were above that sort of behavior.
Old 04-16-2005, 10:45 PM

Send a message via AIM to The Who Send a message via MSN to The Who

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jeff R.:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KVman389:

I could care less about either point in this debate; however, now you've gone too far </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Attacking someone's music is just plain wrong. I had hoped members of this board were above that sort of behavior. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mr watz is beyond how pathetic someone can be.

By the way watza, you can think my favourite band sucks as much as you want, it won't change how I appreciate they're music, kinda of the same you're doing with the new goats, it doesn't affect how people feel about they're cars, looks like you're the one who hasn't learned anything. Don't you have a wife and kids to take care of instead of wasting you're time posting the same things over and over again on this board?
Old 04-17-2005, 12:01 AM
Senior Chief

Looks like the kid just schooled him
2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS Jeff Gordon Edition
2017 Dodge Challenger SXT Black Top Edition
Old 04-17-2005, 07:33 PM
Senior Chief

I read the whole article. The Holden line is the best line of cars GM makes outside of Caddy. That is a fact. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To further the point: The actual Holden Monaro competes on almost even ground with Cadillac. It was the only line from which to choose the new GTO (and it was a good choice). The only people who don't like it are the new 'stang owners and those who never wanted it to come back.