WELCOME!

Go Back   PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together > PY Welcomes 2004-06 GTO Owners > 04-06 General Tech/Discussion

04-06 General Tech/Discussion 2004-2006 GTO General Tech and discussion.

Old 03-03-2005, 08:56 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

....heard this morning on ap wire service: theives are taking pics. of vintage and even some late model musclecars ( yes, I do think the GM Monaro makes a fine musclecar, just a lousy GTO ) and then putting the pics on ebay for auction. When the bid is closed the thieves steal the car and sell it to the winning bidder. So beware if some greaseball is taking numerous pics of your ride!!
Old 03-03-2005, 08:56 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

....heard this morning on ap wire service: theives are taking pics. of vintage and even some late model musclecars ( yes, I do think the GM Monaro makes a fine musclecar, just a lousy GTO ) and then putting the pics on ebay for auction. When the bid is closed the thieves steal the car and sell it to the winning bidder. So beware if some greaseball is taking numerous pics of your ride!!
Old 03-03-2005, 10:17 AM

I don't think they even need to take pictures of your car. They can copy pictures off of the internet very easily.
Old 03-03-2005, 01:16 PM

72Firebird got that totally right! In fact, why take pictures of the car you're going to steal? That just leaves another clue in connecting you to the crime and possibly alerting the owner in advance!

I'm not sure what was meant by "greaseball"...?
Old 03-03-2005, 01:56 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Charlzm:
72Firebird got that totally right! In fact, why take pictures of the car you're going to steal? That just leaves another clue in connecting you to the crime and possibly alerting the owner in advance!

I'm not sure what was meant by "greaseball"...? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

&gt;&gt;&gt; Given that profanity is a no-no on this site, the term greaseball was the best I could come up with as a term to describe somebody who steals cars. Most of these car theives wouldn't exactly qualify as GQ material.
Old 03-03-2005, 04:07 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Just imagine what our world would be if all those efforts and ingenuity were used for legitimate causes.
Old 03-04-2005, 06:28 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Doesn't this belong in the lobby!