WELCOME!

Go Back   PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together > PY Welcomes 2004-06 GTO Owners > 04-06 General Tech/Discussion

04-06 General Tech/Discussion 2004-2006 GTO General Tech and discussion.

Old 02-14-2005, 11:18 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sal:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by red70goat:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by sal:
Here ya go Mr. I know everythingaboutpontiacandgm.com

Like I said many times before.
[QUOTE]

"....The bow-tie division reportedly will not resurrect the Camaro name on the car, but is said to be considering using the Monte Carlo badge..."

&gt;&gt;&gt; hmmmm, didn't GM do something similar in 1974 to a car called the GTO and offered it as on option on a car called a Ventura?

"....GTO... reportedly will offer buyers a choice of V6 and V8 engines...."

&gt;&gt;&gt; Hey, where is Champ and Mr. Gee_ I_Dunno on this??? They slammed me for my saying Pontiac would eventually offer a V6 on the GTO as a way to offer choices and stay competitive...was told I didn't know what I was talking about and it would never happen. I bet it does. HAH!

".... new generation of midsize rear-drive performance and luxury models later in this decade."

&gt;&gt;&gt; Sounds like an option to the G6 / G8 to me. Time will tell. Like I said many times before. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

"....Please refer me to that paragraph because I missed that...."

&gt;&gt;&gt; You missed what I said. I said I bet it does happen, not that it will, as in context of opinion due to the growing # of "performance" GM vehicles offering a V6 and lack of sales in the current GTO format. As it is ,it's an ugly car. It's MSRP too high. People don't want it. Extra hp isn't going to change that. Perhaps engine options and the accompanying MSRP will.

"I find if funny how you read that the GTO was to become an option in 2007-8, and being offered with a V6. Nothing of that sort was mentioned, or in fact is planned for the GTO."

&gt;&gt;&gt; Lack of sales change plans.
Old 02-14-2005, 11:22 AM
Ultimate Warrior

It says the Chevy will have a V6 and V8. The GTO will remain V8.

Hooked on phonics anyone?
Old 02-14-2005, 12:03 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mr_GTO:
It says the Chevy will have a V6 and V8. The GTO will remain V8.

Hooked on phonics anyone? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

&gt;&gt;&gt; I know what it said. Read my post again dipstick.
Old 02-14-2005, 12:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by red70goat:
[&gt;&gt;&gt; I know what it said. Read my post again dipstick. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is what you said

&gt;&gt;&gt; Hey, where is Champ and Mr. Gee_ I_Dunno on this??? They slammed me for my saying Pontiac would eventually offer a V6 on the GTO as a way to offer choices and stay competitive...was told I didn't know what I was talking about and it would never happen. I bet it does. HAH!

".... new generation of midsize rear-drive performance and luxury models later in this decade."

&gt;&gt;&gt; Sounds like an option to the G6 / G8 to me. Time will tell. Like I said many times before.

1. Yes, we did slam you for thinking it was going to have a V6. It isn't.

2. You said the new GTO is going to be an option on the G6. Well you were wrong on that too. The G8 is going to be based off the Bonneville, as in big RWD/AWD SEDAN, not coupe.
The G6 is a FWD/possibly AWD V6 car.

GTO is staying top dog of Pontiac and it's own seperate model.
Old 02-14-2005, 12:35 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mr_GTO:
[&gt;&gt;&gt; I know what it said. Read my post again dipstick. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is what you said

_&gt;&gt;&gt; Hey, where is Champ and Mr. Gee_ I_Dunno on this??? They slammed me for my saying Pontiac would eventually offer a V6 on the GTO as a way to offer choices and stay competitive...was told I didn't know what I was talking about and it would never happen. I bet it does. HAH!

&gt;&gt;&gt; Sounds like an option to the G6 / G8 to me. Time will tell. Like I said many times before._

"...1. Yes, we did slam you for thinking it was going to have a V6. It isn't...."

&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Prove it. You can't. It's not 2007 yet. It's no more of an opinion than mine.

"You said the new GTO is going to be an option on the G6."

&gt;&gt;&gt; Prove it. You can't. It's not 2007 yet. It's no more of an opinion than mine.

"...Well you were wrong on that..."

&gt;&gt;&gt; Yeah, just like I was wrong on the 05 being offered with a higher spoiler and ricer front end to appeal to the tuner crowd. Ever heard of autocross??
Old 02-14-2005, 12:52 PM

Dude, don't play head or word games with me, you will lose. We all know what you said and now your trying to wiggle yourself out of it. Very pathetic.

Old 02-14-2005, 01:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Old 02-14-2005, 02:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

It really is too easy. Thank god you don't represent me councilor.

Where did you get your degree in Law from? CrackerJack U? LOL
Old 02-14-2005, 02:19 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

[QUOTE]Originally posted by sal:
Dude, don't play head or word games with me, you will lose. We all know what you said

&gt;&gt;&gt; Tell me, does the phrase "I bet they do" vs "They will" constitute a statement of fact or an expression of opinion? And which of those did I say in my post? I wouldn't think of playing head or word games with you or Mr. Gee_ I_ Dunno...could be construed as child abuse. Go back and read my post s l o w l y.
Old 02-14-2005, 02:21 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Thank god you don't represent me councilor.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

you couldn't afford me anyways.
Old 02-14-2005, 02:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by red70goat:
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

you couldn't afford me anyways. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would bet you $100K that I and that article would be right and you would be wrong but you don't want to take that bet.
Old 02-14-2005, 06:22 PM

This is what Sal wrote:

“Unlike the GTO, which will continue to be powered by a high-output Corvette V8, the Chevy two-doors, which are due around 2009, reportedly will offer buyers a choice of V6 and V8 engines”.

This is what Red Goat70 wrote:

Maybe “Mr I can’t read a sentence and digest the information correctly” should go back to school.

Gee Red goat, what did you say your profession was? Based on this performance I wouldn’t hire you to dismiss a parking ticket!

LMFAO

Oh, and by the way, I have posted 4 times now since January 1st asking for pics of your 70GTO which you had promised us more than 2 months ago.

Still waiting...... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Old 02-14-2005, 08:53 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Good catch Ozzy. I noticed that mis-quote too. I am waiting to see Red's pics as well.
Old 02-15-2005, 07:38 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I told him and they posted it...
Old 02-15-2005, 10:22 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ozzy:
This is what Sal wrote:

“Unlike the GTO, which will continue to be powered by a high-output Corvette V8, the Chevy two-doors, which are due around 2009, reportedly will offer buyers a choice of V6 and V8 engines”.

This is what Red Goat70 wrote:

&gt;&gt;&gt; Hey lugnut: Read my post again. There is a phrase in there denoting an opinion which you conveniently left out.

"Oh, and by the way, I have posted 4 times now since January 1st asking for pics of your 70GTO which you had promised us more than 2 months ago."

&gt;&gt;&gt; I'll do it when I'm damn good and ready...not real motivated to buff out a car in 2 feet of snow and 20 degree weather.
Old 02-15-2005, 10:26 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr_GTO:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by red70goat:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr_GTO:
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you couldn't afford me anyways. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would bet you $100K that I and that article would be right and you would be wrong but you don't want to take that bet. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In my previous post I did say "I bet...." which was given to offer an opinion. However, I'm confident I'm right on this one so if indeed I am wrong I'll spot you a $100 bucks. Send me a private e-mail with your PO Box. If I'm right don't bother sending me a $100.00 You probably need the $ worse than I do.
Old 02-15-2005, 11:38 AM
Ultimate Warrior

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by red70goat:
[
In my previous post I did say "I bet...." which was given to offer an opinion. However, I'm confident I'm right on this one so if indeed I am wrong I'll spot you a $100 bucks. Send me a private e-mail with your PO Box. If I'm right don't bother sending me a $100.00 You probably need the $ worse than I do. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No no no, I said I was willing to bet you, as in a wager. Good, put your money where your mouth is. I'll take that wager all day and night. Once the details start to come around on the 2007 GTO I can send you my address. I have a funny feeling you won't be around or you'll have "SOLD" your GTO and will leave the board.
Old 02-15-2005, 11:45 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

[
In my previous post I did say "I bet...." which was given to offer an opinion. However, I'm confident I'm right on this one so if indeed I am wrong I'll spot you a $100 bucks. Send me a private e-mail with your PO Box. If I'm right don't bother sending me a $100.00 You probably need the $ worse than I do. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Once the details start to come around on the 2007 GTO I can send you my address...QUOTE]

Details my ass. I need to see the car. Given all the bs GM spouted off about the GM Monaro I'll believe a 2007 GTO as a GTO and not an option whan I see it.
Old 02-15-2005, 12:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Details my ass. I need to see the car. Given all the bs GM spouted off about the GM Monaro I'll believe a 2007 GTO as a GTO and not an option whan I see it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like I said, you will be LONG GONE by that time. I won't hold my breath that you are around. My guess is it will show up next year at the Detroit Auto Show.
Old 02-15-2005, 12:20 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Details my ass. I need to see the car. Given all the bs GM spouted off about the GM Monaro I'll believe a 2007 GTO as a GTO and not an option whan I see it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Like I said, you will be LONG GONE by that time."
&gt;&gt;&gt; Then why did you take me up on my offer to honor the wager? Sounds like you are trying to weasle out of this...

"My guess is it will show up next year at the Detroit Auto Show."

&gt;&gt;&gt; My guess as an option to the G6 / G8 or GWhiz.