THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 05-10-2011, 09:30 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirrotica View Post
It wasn't for ratings, it's adrenalin fueled and for someone that has never sat in an oval track race car you have no idea of what it's like when your night is ruined by some boneheaded move by another driver. I have and I have been in the same fight or flight situation, anyone that thinks otherwise that it's scripted or something has no idea of what oval track racing is about or what it's like to sit in one of those cars. NASCAR doesn't need to script drama, there's plenty of REAL stuff going on every week at any oval track, whether it's a 1/3 mile dirt bull ring or a 2 1/2 mile super speedway.
sorry ricky bobby, didnt mean to ruffle your feathers

68 Firebird 400, YC 400, Hbeam rods, ported 670 heads (2.11i, 1.77e valves), 1.65 RRs, Torker 2 intake, Nodular Crank, Eaton Limited Slip, Richmond 3.55 gears, M-20 M4
97 Trans Am WS6, LT1, M6, FLP LTs, Cutouts, Flowmaster catback, Jet Airfoil, K&N air filter, MSD Opti and Coil
14 Fiat 500e 83kW motor, 24kWh lithium ion battery, +2 sized summer tires
Old 05-10-2011, 09:51 AM
Ultimate Warrior

It was all "just racing" until Kyle hooked Harvick and sent him into the wall..... just way to blatant and dangerous of a move....

Then the pushing of Harviks's driverless car was just plain stupid..... As far as just trying to get away from Harvick.... I do believe Reverse still works on a NASCAR stock car...

Both will be fined..... Busch should sit out a race for the pit road action

400HO / TKX 3.27 1ST GEAR-.72OD / 3.36 POSI
HOTCHKIS/UMI/BILSTEIN
Old 05-10-2011, 10:02 AM
Ultimate Warrior

It's a dangerous sport and guys can & do get injured.

I'm all for letting men be men and solve problems between themselves, on or off the track - it's how this sport got started. I'm tired of the corporate spokes-model drivers and their politically correct answers, naming all of their sponsors and having two gulps of their named sports drink.

When you get right down to it, it's all we've got left to watch - after all, the cars are the same at this point!

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 05-10-2011, 10:10 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

It happens in any sport, you don't play to lose. Did anyone see the Las Vegas Supercross last weekend? Stewart crashed (again) and took out someone (again) but this time the rider (Kevin Windam) went after Stewart and the track personnel had to break it up.

She woke up sunny side down and I was still thinking I was too proud to flip her over
Old 05-10-2011, 10:42 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67GTONUT View Post
It was all "just racing" until Kyle hooked Harvick and sent him into the wall..... just way to blatant and dangerous of a move....
Busch should actually be suspended for a month since he's done that so many times.
Two races for hooking, two for pushing the car in the pits.

I'm on track with 35-40 other cars every race, if we did something that blatant we'd be suspended for the year. Do it again and it's for life.
In road racing we end up punting a car from time to time due to different class cars with much different brake set ups, so it's part of the game but usually only draws a warning. Rare that it's intentional.

Racing and rubbing is one thing, hooking a car that intentionally is way over the line.
Doing it in front of the field shows he has no regard or respect for any other racers and teams.

I think Kyle has a snap mindset, once he snaps he becomes singularly focused, what makes him a good driver also makes him a very dangerous driver.
Time to sit him down for awhile.

Harvicks a hot head as well and he snapped, but usually he's somewhat right about why.
He needs a one race suspension for getting out in the pits.

Old 05-10-2011, 11:02 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Bottom line: they are both incredibly talented children. Of course, that image applies to many athletes and celebs.

In this instance, would be nice to see at least a one-race suspension for each; Busch for deliberately wrecking Harvick in front of the field, and Harvick for stopping and creating a possible dangerous situation on pit road. And the push of the driverless car probably deserves more suspension, but if Harvick hadn't stopped, the push wouldn't have happened.

My guess, unhealthy fine and probation for each.

Jon.

"The most expensive carburetor is the wrong one given to you by your neighbor".

If you truly believe that "one size fits all" try walking a mile in your spouse's shoes!

Owner of The Carburetor Shop, LLC (of Missouri).

Current caretaker of the remains of Stromberg Caburetor, and custodian of the existing Carter and Kingston carburetor drawings.
Old 05-10-2011, 11:10 AM

In the high dollar motorsport, what would be a healthy fine? Money is not an object to them. I imagine with the points system now the way it is, instead of fine, take points as it is very hard to make up a bunch of points now.

Old 05-10-2011, 11:33 AM

Sit Busch out two races for his two stupid moves and Harvick out for one race for his.

Old 05-10-2011, 11:45 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Bird View Post
Sit Busch out two races for his two stupid moves and Harvick out for one race for his.
Yep, losing all chance to win the championship might change their attitudes..

Old 05-10-2011, 12:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/motor...robation_N.htm

Punishment fits the crime. NASCAR has neutered the drivers enough and as I said before. The empty grandstands prove it.

Old 05-10-2011, 12:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

It was funny that Busch had reverse about 1-2 minutes before the incident on pit road. They were on the track and Busch used reverse trying to get away from Harvick.

Old 05-10-2011, 12:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I'd actually watch more if it was tighter controlled racing.
The wrecks and drama are not why I watch.

Jeff Gordon and Jeff Burton were a classic example of "really" losing it due to on track rubbing-racing. That was real, as was Montoya and Newman.
Busch and Harvick are just hot head Primo donnas that create their own controversy and have no respect for anyone they might take out. Need to park em for awhile.

Lucky for me there's not a single NASCAR race on the schedule I want to watch for awhile. Probation for a few weeks? This type penalty makes me sick of it.

Old 05-10-2011, 12:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Both drivers were fined $25,000 for the incident. After being spun by Busch in the closing laps of the race, Harvick stopped his Chevrolet in front of Busch's Toyota on pit road, exited the car and tried to confront Busch. After Harvick took a few wild swings at his window net, Busch (whose car had no reverse gear) knocked Harvick's car aside and drove to the pits.

No reverse gear? How did they determine that?

I'm not a fan of either driver, but it makes for entertaining racing. The sport would be boring if Kyle wasn't out there. The kid wins, and he wins a lot. The downside is his attitude.

He's a punk.

My Bio: I am currently writing articles for POCI's Smoke Signals magazine and enjoy promoting and discussing the history of the Pontiac Motor Division.
Old 05-10-2011, 12:47 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNoun View Post
Both drivers were fined $25,000 for the incident. After being spun by Busch in the closing laps of the race, Harvick stopped his Chevrolet in front of Busch's Toyota on pit road, exited the car and tried to confront Busch. After Harvick took a few wild swings at his window net, Busch (whose car had no reverse gear) knocked Harvick's car aside and drove to the pits.

No reverse gear? How did they determine that?

I'm not a fan of either driver, but it makes for entertaining racing. The sport would be boring if Kyle wasn't out there. The kid wins, and he wins a lot. The downside is his attitude.

He's a punk.
hmm, Im curious too

especially since
http://www.cutawaycreations.com/cuta...es/image36.jpg

the Toyotas have a reverse gear in there.haha

68 Firebird 400, YC 400, Hbeam rods, ported 670 heads (2.11i, 1.77e valves), 1.65 RRs, Torker 2 intake, Nodular Crank, Eaton Limited Slip, Richmond 3.55 gears, M-20 M4
97 Trans Am WS6, LT1, M6, FLP LTs, Cutouts, Flowmaster catback, Jet Airfoil, K&N air filter, MSD Opti and Coil
Old 05-10-2011, 12:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Probly to ascared to find reverse or get it out of gear
Like alot of people, brave while drive'n, but wuss's when thier stopped.

http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/b...hop/?start=100
Old 05-10-2011, 12:58 PM

Kurt Busch learned a lesson, kinda what Kyle needs now. Where is Jimmy Spencer when you need him?

Old 05-10-2011, 01:16 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Region Warrior View Post
Probly to ascared to find reverse or get it out of gear
Like alot of people, brave while drive'n, but wuss's when thier stopped.
haha

yea shaking hands make it hard to make it into reverse

Old 05-10-2011, 02:17 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ho428 View Post
I'd actually watch more if it was tighter controlled racing.The wrecks and drama are not why I watch.

Jeff Gordon and Jeff Burton were a classic example of "really" losing it due to on track rubbing-racing. That was real, as was Montoya and Newman.
Busch and Harvick are just hot head Primo donnas that create their own controversy and have no respect for anyone they might take out. Need to park em for awhile.

Lucky for me there's not a single NASCAR race on the schedule I want to watch for awhile. Probation for a few weeks? This type penalty makes me sick of it.
Please explain??? MORE rules?????

Old 05-10-2011, 02:18 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonneville Joe View Post
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/motor...robation_N.htm

Punishment fits the crime. NASCAR has neutered the drivers enough and as I said before. The empty grandstands prove it.
Agreed. Cant believe SOME think there need to be MORE rules.

Old 05-10-2011, 02:44 PM

I think they should be able to race, and afterwards take care of business if somebody gets to far out of line. But pushing a driverless car in the pits = somebody hurt or dead. That is uncalled for.