Old 09-24-2012, 08:08 PM

After seeing a few stories online about dashes cracking again or in different spots it got me discouraged from redoing my dash. The last thing i want is for me to crack a week later after its back in the car, so im either going to have one built out of aluminum or buy a repo.

Old 09-24-2012, 09:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Sweet Ride!!!

Old 09-25-2012, 02:58 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks ...the side view sold me on those rims...I have an 80 TA Black shaved door handles and a twin turbo hood..in the putting together process.

Old 09-25-2012, 07:12 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Love the louvers & remember them well!

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 09-25-2012, 06:08 PM

Send a message via AIM to David Holmberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
Skip: Do you mean this one?
http://www.tachrev.com/2003kDAPApg22.htm

Yes, that's the car I bought in 05 from John. Don't let the color in this picture fool you, in sunlight it is much more red. In fact depending on the light source it looks like the 76 Firethorn red and the 02 Sunset orange on the 4th gen birds.

I see you went with black and a blacked out look, I like it!

Old 09-25-2012, 06:24 PM

Send a message via AIM to David Holmberg

Not that it matters now, but...

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	77trailer2.JPG
Views:	42
Size:	238.8 KB
ID:	298335  

Old 09-27-2012, 01:39 AM
Suspended

Wink Good Stuff Here - Pls Keep it Pontiac to keep it unique

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebird79_00 View Post
Since i am building a new motor i decided it was time to upgrade/change a few things. I will be repainting my car at Work in either red or black (still undecided) as i am not happy with it currently.
Exterior:
Straighten out the doors as well as the fender gaps. I plan on replacing the hood, hinges, windshield, gas tank and drivers door glass. I am going to upgrade to a Posi rear end, 3" true dual exhaust, and full suspension. I am also planning a 77 Bumper and and 77 LED Tailights along with the sheet metal i need to convert it. I also plan on going with 6000 HIDS and running all 4 lights at once.
Interior:
I am stripping it and i will be fixing the cracks in the dash as well as center console, the seats are going to get reupholstered, Aftermarket Gauges, Yearone Door Panels and all the interior panels and trim are getting redone. The sail panels are getting replaced completely.
Engine Bay:
With the 400 motor and trans going to be rebuilt i am going to tidy it up. I plan on fabricating an engine bay cover to hide all the accesories (radiator, A/C etc....) The Engine bay will also be getting a repaint.

Currently i have the old 350 motor and trans out and sold, gas tank got scrapped and the exhaust i cut in half. The interior is now fully out, and i have started working on the dash.

Shades of red im considering
LS today vs Direct Injection tomorrow?

Hey FBrd79 00: The Current Temptation is to insert an LS et al.

IMO – build it and do it the way you want to. I would also recommend you keeping any of the OEM No.s matching parts for possible “back to stock” restoration later. It could save you big $ later.

Old 09-29-2012, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
LS today vs Direct Injection tomorrow?

Hey FBrd79 00: The Current Temptation is to insert an LS et al.

IMO – build it and do it the way you want to. I would also recommend you keeping any of the OEM No.s matching parts for possible “back to stock” restoration later. It could save you big $ later.
The stock 301 and tranny were long gone when i got the car, everything else i still have unless it was beyond repair. After a bit of discussion with Brian (not sure his username here) it seems like i will be going with a 455 block as the 75 400 i currently have wont hold the power i want. Big thanks to Brian too for the last few parts i needed to get the inside painted as well.

I also did the roof, but the photo turned out poorly.

Old 09-30-2012, 05:06 PM
Suspended

Yeah, Two Many TA's is a good guy and a great local resource for your build IMO.
Keep us posted on your progress.

Old 09-30-2012, 10:58 PM

Haha solid name for him. I had to strip the floor again unfortunately because the paint was peeling off in sheets this morning so im planning on doing it with por 15 instead tomorrow.

Old 10-08-2012, 08:16 PM

Discovered another spot today, patch was only held in by glue and screws.

Old 12-09-2012, 11:53 PM

Well plans have changed now,i did have the car for sale for a while but decided it wasnt worth it to sell it. Basically im saving up my money and going back for my GED so i can get into a welding/electrical course and basically move to ontario. So car will be at a standstill for a while