Old 01-27-2014, 08:28 PM

Cool Legendary Interior Ordered

I just placed an order for new seat covers, front and rear, foam for the buckets, rear seat padding kit, preassembled door panels, and floor carpet for the 72 T/A with blue interior. I plan on a DIY weekend as soon as the material arrives. Any suggestions on what I should expect? So far the guys at Legendary have been very helpful. Delivery in about four to six week. About $1,600 all in to Chicago. Looking forward to your comment as we continue the deep freeze. I need a project. Let the restoration begin. Pictures to follow.

Old 01-27-2014, 09:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Good luck with your project. Legendary makes good covers.

Old 01-27-2014, 10:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I used the same stuff from Legendary on my car it it turned out very nice. There is a video on You Tube which shows how to recover the rear seat, you could probably Google it. My upholsterer helped me with the buckets and he had a set of hog ring pliers that were curved about 45 degrees to the left at the end which holds the hog ring. They made installing the hog rings on the buckets very easy.

Old 01-27-2014, 11:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Just rec'd a headliner color/pattern sample from Legendary for my 71 with blue interior and was very happy with color and quality....

Eye Candy......garage band?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUPcHxHRx3s

Go full screen & turn it UP!
The Following User Says Thank You to 2manyT/A'S For This Useful Post:
Old 01-28-2014, 10:24 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default you done right

Legendary is the best,my seats are stripped ready for new foam and covers....your a better man than me because I will not try to install my self...new foam which is the best, is also harder but you may have the skill....I do not....custom or standard door panels?...the deluxe are just like oem

Last edited by transam1972; 01-28-2014 at 10:30 AM.
Old 01-28-2014, 10:26 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Check out the install videos on PUI site.

The Following User Says Thank You to rohrt For This Useful Post:
Old 01-28-2014, 01:59 PM

transam1972, I have the deluxe interior and ordered the preassembled panels. They cost more but it will eliminated the need to transfer all the other stuff. This also keeps the factory panels in tact for sale at some point. Does anyone know how to straighten the map pockets on the lower molded plastic panel? Both of mine are warped which is quite common with southern cars. Also, I will need a couple of the square clips that fasten the upper and lower door panels. Where can I source those?

Old 01-28-2014, 02:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I had decent results using heat on the lower door panels, here is a link to some pics on what worked on mine: http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=656420

On the square clips, I have some extras, let me know how many you need.

Old 01-28-2014, 02:21 PM

Default Legendary Interior Ordered

RicksGTO, thanks for the tip on the reshaping the map pocket on the lower door panels. I'll give it a try. I'll PM you my address for the clips.

Old 01-28-2014, 02:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default repop lower panels 72 to 77

you are going to be very happy with the deluxe uppers...my lowers were fine and my interior is black for easy matching...they do make repop in colours too.........just in case..THE PARTS PLACE has them....RICKSGTO says he has the clips..but also I have seen them advertised at F BODY WAREHOUSE sold as usedClick image for larger version

Name:	replacemant seat.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	351108seats will be done in deluxe black....you can see the door panel....I got new bird emblems as I have power windows and still need to add the door pull straps

Last edited by transam1972; 01-28-2014 at 02:32 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to transam1972 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-28-2014, 02:57 PM

I ordered Legendary door panels for the white interior car, then compared them to the uninstalled PUI I already had, and the Legendary were head and shoulders better.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hotrodizz For This Useful Post:
Old 01-28-2014, 08:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I don't know if you guys are ordering direct, but you will get a discount through Wellington Classics in CO. (It seems many suppliers give their vendors breaks. Legendary's prices went up this month) I ordered seat covers for my 69, which arrived today. They look really nice.

The Following User Says Thank You to FunctionalShaker For This Useful Post:
Old 01-28-2014, 08:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via MSN to thefirebirdm@n

Would definitely like to see pictures if possible. I have all new front and rear seat covers and foams for my '73 still in the box waiting. I did not order from Legendary. I have been looking at them for the interior in my GTO though. If quality is significantly better, I'd consider trading up.

1973 Trans Am 455/4-speed
1971 Formula 400/400
1969 GTO 400/400 - 3rd owner
1968 Firebird Convertible 350/200R4

POCI - AAC
Old 01-28-2014, 09:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunctionalShaker View Post
I don't know if you guys are ordering direct, but you will get a discount through Wellington Classics in CO. (It seems many suppliers give their vendors breaks. Legendary's prices went up this month) I ordered seat covers for my 69, which arrived today. They look really nice.
Our host,Performance Years,sell Legendary......we should try to give THEM some business.............I did.

Eye Candy......garage band?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUPcHxHRx3s

Go full screen & turn it UP!
The Following User Says Thank You to 2manyT/A'S For This Useful Post:
Old 01-28-2014, 09:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I don't know that pictures will really convey the quality. I do know they are considered the top supplier in the industry and they offer a lifetime warranty, so their prices are a bit higher. PUI's is one year. You can request samples from them.

I've purchased from different vendors, including our host, but cost is always a factor.

The Following User Says Thank You to FunctionalShaker For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2014, 06:44 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default LEGENDARY VS. P.U.I.

....unfortunately I purchased a set of P.U.I. deluxe door panels and hated them for $279...then LEGENDARY came out with the deluxe fully assembled for $379....there was no comparing.....P.U.I. is junk,...I sold my P.U.I. for $100...the fact is LEGENDARY now makes fully assembled O.E.M. style custom & standard door panels for 1970 to 1981 Firebirds and if you purchased P.U.I. you need to upgrade....I am certain that its been clearly known that LEGENDARY makes the best seat covers that are O.E.M.style,in fact someone on this forum sent LEGENDARY true comfortweave material as used in 1970 & 71 and they custom made the covers for them, what company does that?...only LEGENDARY....as everyone knows these companys use simulated comfortweave as standard issue....or pay even more and have them made at a trim shop....oh, and one last thing, LEGENDARY is made in the U.S.A...and so if it is possible always buy AMERICAN....our PONTIACS were made here!

Last edited by transam1972; 01-29-2014 at 06:59 AM.
Old 01-29-2014, 08:23 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefirebirdm@n View Post
Would definitely like to see pictures if possible. I have all new front and rear seat covers and foams for my '73 still in the box waiting. I did not order from Legendary. I have been looking at them for the interior in my GTO though. If quality is significantly better, I'd consider trading up.

This may help you.

http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=523522

The Following User Says Thank You to Old Goat 67 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2014, 03:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by transam1972 View Post
....unfortunately I purchased a set of P.U.I. deluxe door panels and hated them for $279...then LEGENDARY came out with the deluxe fully assembled for $379....there was no comparing.....P.U.I. is junk,...I sold my P.U.I. for $100...the fact is LEGENDARY now makes fully assembled O.E.M. style custom & standard door panels for 1970 to 1981 Firebirds and if you purchased P.U.I. you need to upgrade....I am certain that its been clearly known that LEGENDARY makes the best seat covers that are O.E.M.style,in fact someone on this forum sent LEGENDARY true comfortweave material as used in 1970 & 71 and they custom made the covers for them, what company does that?...only LEGENDARY....as everyone knows these companys use simulated comfortweave as standard issue....or pay even more and have them made at a trim shop....oh, and one last thing, LEGENDARY is made in the U.S.A...and so if it is possible always buy AMERICAN....our PONTIACS were made here!
I appreciate this thread, and this kind of information.
(and I'm not just going to thumbs up this post)

Quite likely one of few '70 Muncie three speed Formula 400's left.

1991 Grand Am: 14.4 @ 93.7mph (DA corrected) (retired DD, stock appearing)
2009 Cobalt SS: 13.9 @ 103mph (current DD; makes something north of 300hp & 350ft/lbs)
The Following User Says Thank You to unruhjonny For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2014, 05:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default do I sound like a LEGENDARY spokesperson?!

I really don't mean to...I got a good deal on my car so I suppose if any one should loose money on wrong parts its me!... rather someone not make the same mistake as me...Click image for larger version

Name:	FULL PANEL.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	114.0 KB
ID:	351721

Click image for larger version

Name:	LEGENDARY UPPER DETAIL.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	150.1 KB
ID:	351722

Name:	UP CLOSE & PERSONAL.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	119.7 KB
ID:	351723

Name:	72 DELUXE BOLSTER DETAIL.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	160.1 KB
ID:	351724

Name:	GM ORIGINAL LOWERS      THESE ARE REPOPED IN COLOUR.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	112.1 KB
ID:	351725actually LEGENDARY just came out with these a few months ago....but amazing what P.U.I. got away with...sometimes you will see an ebay car with wavy door panels...that's P.U.I...thanks UNRUJOHNNY, and if someone is still not convinced?.....LOOK!!!!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to transam1972 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2014, 07:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I think I bought some PUI parts years ago, and they too were absolute junk.

I am either going to run vinyl dyed OEM door panels in my car, or source new ones, so knowing that there are good offereings is indeed good to know.

Now if only someone would make repop carpets that would hold colour like the originals did...
When I replaced my worn through tattered original carpet (I believe it was 1998 when I got around to that), it was still black - the reproduction garbage I bought turned light brown within a couple years...

EDIT
I just noticed this:
http://www.legendaryautointeriors.co...CK/detail.html
Does anyone know how steadfast thier dyes are? - or how they compare against the other guys stuff?

Quite likely one of few '70 Muncie three speed Formula 400's left.

1991 Grand Am: 14.4 @ 93.7mph (DA corrected) (retired DD, stock appearing)
2009 Cobalt SS: 13.9 @ 103mph (current DD; makes something north of 300hp & 350ft/lbs)

Last edited by unruhjonny; 02-03-2014 at 07:19 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to unruhjonny For This Useful Post: