Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 11-07-2016, 10:37 PM
Senior Chief

Send a message via Yahoo to STALLION
Default World Cup Race at MIR. WOW

I had a chance to go to the World Cup Race at MIR this pasted weekend. I met John Snider, Charlie and the rest of John's crew. I think that Charlie was under the car hooking up the tranny while towing the car to the staging lanes. That crew was thrashing to get the car ready for the last qualifier, nice guys. Mike Leech, congrats getting into the 7 N/A club. I am very impressed. He got the converter right for that last qualifier. I finally met John Langer, nice guy but I think he wanted to punch me in the head because of all the BS we gave each other on these forums. Then he probably thought twice because of my Italian heritage and the hard head that I come with. That is some intake he has. He was the fastest N/A car that qualified.
Scott Rex, finally met the man that my son broke his N/A record, Nice guy, I could hang with him.
WOW, I have never been to a race track that they had English and Spanish announcers, never been to watch a race where the spectators never sat down and stood on the bench seats. Never seen so many rice rockets, I take it back, I have never seen so many FAST Imports. WOW. Every time an Import beat a Domestic most of the spectators went mental. Those old (70s and 80s) rear wheel drive imports where all over the track on 1 or sometimes 2 wheels, they where flying. I think I want to go back next year and come down on the Thursday and see more time trials and qualifying.
Oh Yeah, my friends still can't believe that 3 N/A Pontiacs cars with a single 4 and around 3,000lbs where in the 7s.
We have the technology!!!!
What did you guys that went to that race think of it ???

Old 11-08-2016, 08:53 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Where ya been Stallion?
Any racing?

ECM member.
2008 Outlaw Pontiac Drag Series Champion
MANDRA
Do it now fool! Life is short.

69 Grand Prix/3163lbs / IAII 535 w/ Tiger heads by Gaydosh....9.35@ 144 so far.. through mufflers. 1.26 60'.
Going back to track with pump gas engine....
My 60 Ventura retired to street/strip duty..
Old 11-09-2016, 12:04 PM
Senior Chief

Nice meeting you Maurice!! Sorry we were under the car as much as we were, and didn't have the time to hang out more, yes Mike and John made some badass passes!!.... I made some badass paperweights....out of my transmission internals. Still sorting through the carnage.

570 IA2 Tiger Head/Single Carb NA
4.79@144, 7.59@178.90 - 2900#

Thanks to: Uratchko Racing Engines, John Marcella, CFM Performance, Allpontiac.com, BOP Engineering, PTC
Old 11-09-2016, 06:51 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Hey Stallion, It was good seeing you too. Did you know that was me in the Grand Cherokee on Route 5 driving like a maniac? lol I figured you were just thinking "Who is this maniac in the Jeep"? on another note... Langer, Snyder and Leech kicked some ass in front of the whole world last weekend. Pontiac was well represented in the biggest imports vs domestic race.

Old 11-09-2016, 08:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Great to see the heavy hitting Pontiac's represent at an event like this. Anyone who went happen to remember what a few of the fastest Domestic and Import cars ran? And what cars they were. Just curious.

Old 11-09-2016, 09:15 PM
Senior Chief

60man,Hi Troy, I am still trying to recover from building the 07 GTO. I am trying to come out next year. Lots of friends want to help, we all have the same problem, just not enough money. Thanks for asking.

Hi John, I am so glad that I came down to see you and your GTO. You made me feel right at home in your pit area. Meeting Leech, Langer and Rex was a bonus.

Hi Scott, no I didn't know it was you, I thought you were a Trump supporter trying to get rid of another immigrant, ( a good looking Italian from Canada) After you pulled up beside me I knew it was you. Scott, you got to get rid of the Jeep and get a Pontiac or a GMC truck to drive when you are not driving your Firebird.
Boy do I ever miss coming to Norwalk and seeing all the Pontiac maniacs.
You got that 100% right about what Langer, Snider and Leech did to make us Pontiac Proud!!!

Old 11-10-2016, 03:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by STALLION View Post
60man,Hi Troy, I am still trying to recover from building the 07 GTO. I am trying to come out next year. Lots of friends want to help, we all have the same problem, just not enough money. Thanks for asking.

Hi John, I am so glad that I came down to see you and your GTO. You made me feel right at home in your pit area. Meeting Leech, Langer and Rex was a bonus.

Hi Scott, no I didn't know it was you, I thought you were a Trump supporter trying to get rid of another immigrant, ( a good looking Italian from Canada) After you pulled up beside me I knew it was you. Scott, you got to get rid of the Jeep and get a Pontiac or a GMC truck to drive when you are not driving your Firebird.
Boy do I ever miss coming to Norwalk and seeing all the Pontiac maniacs.
You got that 100% right about what Langer, Snider and Leech did to make us Pontiac Proud!!!
I think langer's whole crew including Scott mine, and Snyders are all Trump supporters. It was more likely trying to flag you down to see if Miley Cyrus could catch a ride with you on your way back. or maybe whoopie Goldberg

Being dead, it is not hard on you. You don't even know you're dead. It is hard on everyone else that is not dead.
BEING STUPID WORKS THE SAME WAY! The rest of us suffer.
Old 11-10-2016, 04:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike leech View Post
I think langer's whole crew including Scott mine, and Snyders are all Trump supporters. It was more likely trying to flag you down to see if Miley Cyrus could catch a ride with you on your way back. or maybe whoopie Goldberg
Now that right there is funny I don't care who you are.

Old 11-10-2016, 04:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

You guys do the Pontiac faithful proud. Good Job.

Old 11-10-2016, 10:42 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike leech View Post

Mike, I agree totally with quick67bird, that's funny. Poor Papa Billy, he must be killing himself saying OMG did I create this and Whoopie doesn't turn my crank so nobody in my back seats. I don't want to turn this thread into a political thread but quite the cry babies the Clinton supporters are. She lost move on!!!

Old 11-10-2016, 11:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

What's really funny is that Canada has real immigration policies. You can't just move there because you decide to do. You've got to follow the procedures to become a Canadian citizen. Just like were supposed to follow procedures here.

I digress. Was great to meet you at the track and we had a blast at the race with everyone. Already picking away at the combination trying to improve it.

Being dead, it is not hard on you. You don't even know you're dead. It is hard on everyone else that is not dead.
BEING STUPID WORKS THE SAME WAY! The rest of us suffer.
Old 11-11-2016, 07:47 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgarblik View Post
Great to see the heavy hitting Pontiac's represent at an event like this. Anyone who went happen to remember what a few of the fastest Domestic and Import cars ran? And what cars they were. Just curious.

Look at some of the ETs of these imports. These guys are serious.... 5 seconds @230+MPH

http://www.importvsdomestic.com/resu...016-11-06.html

Old 11-11-2016, 11:21 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by STALLION View Post
I had a chance to go to the World Cup Race at MIR this pasted weekend. What did you guys that went to that race think of it ???
I didn't attend the World Cup event, but I went to MIR (first time) this fall for the Bracket Finals, but it was a rain soaked event. I'm impressed with the quality of the entire facility, from the racing surface to the professionalism of the personnel. They even did a rain dance when Mother Nature had other ideas. I'm looking forward to going back as soon as I can.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	440544  

T-400/PTC 4000/390's/30x9 Hoosier radial slicks,#3400
1.38 60' 6.32 @ 108 MPH at Northeast Dragway NC 5/23/15 (9th pass on new engine)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ePCu2v...ature=youtu.be

1.37 60' 6.26 @ 109 half track, 9.86 @ 136 1/4 mile, #3350 11/26/16 at Richmond Dragway (125th pass on new engine)
Old 11-11-2016, 03:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thank you for the link. I spent a little time looking over the ET's and MPH. At least from this list, if you eliminate the turbo Celica's and a couple of rotary engine cars, the rest of the imports fall off drastically similar to the NOPI import races we ran 10 years ago with the Grocery Getter. No doubt, the Toyota fork lift engine that powers the Celica's is one hell of a tough inline 6. 230+ MPH is allot of HP for ANY piston engine. Interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Rex View Post
Look at some of the ETs of these imports. These guys are serious.... 5 seconds @230+MPH

http://www.importvsdomestic.com/resu...016-11-06.html

Old 11-12-2016, 08:37 PM
Senior Chief

Hi Mike, It is probably easier to get into Canada through immigration, even easier if you are a refugee. We let in 40,000 refugees in about 5 months this year.
I have no problem with immigration or refugees as long as they come to work here like my parents and do not try to force their heritage onto me or take away the Canadian heritage. Which they have done. No Christmas trees in government buildings, you can't say Merry Christmas or Happy New Year. You have to say Seasons Greetings now, yeah right.
What would be your (have to do) for next years combo and if every goes right what would you really like to do with your car and combo next year?
I sent you a PM.

Old 11-17-2016, 01:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thumbs up

Video of 68 Firebird 564 ci. > Pontiac power

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIRrHavaRak

Old 11-17-2016, 03:08 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wareagle View Post
Video of 68 Firebird 564 ci. > Pontiac power

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIRrHavaRak
Nice, I doubt I'll ever step my game up like that but I can still be sociable and appreciate.