Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Old 08-13-2021, 06:22 AM
Ultimate Warrior

[QUOTE=carbking;6265707]American-made carburetor rebuilding kits
And here's the real reason for most of the delays- everything is manufactured overseas or manufactured from materials that come from overseas. When countries do not have their own manufacturing bases you become at the mercy of the overseas companies.
Same deal over here,we don't even have our own coal,natural gas and steel industries, everything bought in from abroad. Essentially we buy our car parts from a country (US) that buys it's parts and the materials to make them -from another overseas country!

Old 08-13-2021, 06:41 AM
Senior Chief

You know it seems as if this problem has hit the fan in the last 7 months. I wonder what has changed that made this happen?

Old 08-13-2021, 11:51 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I noticed it long before that, more than a year ago. First it all started with this virus BS, limited staff, slow product delivery etc....
Now if the excuses aren't that, it's product availability over seas blah blah blah. We've been buying crap made in China for decades, so why the sudden availability problem now? The virus excuse doesn't really fly now. Only thing I've noticed as of late is that it's getting worse and more wide spread as far as what kinds of parts are becoming unobtanium.

https://youtu.be/XqEydRRRwqE
Old 08-13-2021, 12:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by formula kid View Post
You know it seems as if this problem has hit the fan in the last 7 months. I wonder what has changed that made this happen?
I think it's just that it took about a year or so of COVID to finally tap out the supplies many manufacturers had on hand. I agree that it's gotten worse in the past 7 months. I was ordering lots of parts in the beginning of the pandemic and wasn't having any problems. But things have gotten somewhat difficult in the past 4 months for me as I continue to order parts. Many more instances of backordered items.

1966 Pontiac GTO (restoration thread)
1998 BMW 328is (track rat)
2023 Subaru Crosstrek Limited (daily)
View my photos: Caught in the Wild
Old 08-13-2021, 08:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by formula kid View Post
I’ve been wondering the same thing myself……..