The Body Shop TECH General questions that don't fit in any other forum

Old 03-23-2024, 11:04 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Anyone Heard from Paul at Fast Lately?

Have my bird at a body shop and the body guy has had a setback on the endura.

Anyone heard from Paul at Fast lately? Or have contact info?

I see the website is under construction, no contact info.

1970 GTO Judge Tribute Pro-Tour Project 535 IA2
http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=760624
1971 Trans Am 463, 315cfm E-head Sniper XFlow EFI, TKO600 extreme, 9", GW suspension, Baer brakes, pro tour car
https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com...ght=procharger
Theme Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zKAS...ature=youtu.be
Old 03-23-2024, 03:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

He is a member on Facebook.
Contact info from his site...
http://fastrestorations.com/page11.html

Last edited by Held for Ransom; 03-23-2024 at 04:05 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Held for Ransom For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2024, 09:12 PM

I've been trying to reach him myself with a parts list to order.

Old 03-23-2024, 10:17 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Held for Ransom View Post
He is a member on Facebook.
Contact info from his site...
http://fastrestorations.com/page11.html
Website must be very old…did you see the labor rates!.?

The Following User Says Thank You to ID67goat For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2024, 07:02 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thank you!

1971 Trans Am 463, 315cfm E-head Sniper XFlow EFI, TKO600 extreme, 9", GW suspension, Baer brakes, pro tour car
Old 03-31-2024, 10:01 PM

I would not recommend him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 03-31-2024, 10:06 PM

Why not?? Everyone has a beef with someone, what's yours?

The Following User Says Thank You to GtoFM For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2024, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtoFM View Post
Why not?? Everyone has a beef with someone, what's yours?

Well he sold me manifolds he knew would not fit my car, never sent the exhaust tips I paid him for, then we went dark and stopped correspondence. Wouldn’t return phone calls, fb messages etc.

Old 04-02-2024, 04:08 PM

OK, sorry to hear but good to know. We were discussing parts, but he went dark before any money changed hands. I'm hoping there is a logical reason.

Old 04-02-2024, 09:06 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by etennett View Post
Well he sold me manifolds he knew would not fit my car, never sent the exhaust tips I paid him for, then we went dark and stopped correspondence. Wouldn’t return phone calls, fb messages etc.

I had a similar situation. He was recommended to me so I contacted him regarding manifolds, downpipes, and full exhaust. When he requested me to call him and place the order he answered immediately and took my order. Whatever means he processed the payment through I wasn’t familiar with and didn’t really have a “receipt” for it.

The transaction was during Covid so I wasn’t expecting things quickly and didn’t pursue things when it was taking weeks longer than he expected. I do have to laugh when I read the “went dark” comment. That was totally the feeling I got too. Phone calls with messages left as well as texts were all unanswered (weeks, leading into months sometimes). I was starting to write things off. He sent a message about health issues so I definitely cut some more slack and wished him a quick recovery.

Time passed and things went dark again. His FB group posts were super active so I finally started calling him out in his posts. I then got all my parts in the 4-8 weeks following that. The only comparably “bad” or worse situation I’ve ever had was with Kauffman Racing Equipment. I’ll never use either again.

Old 04-04-2024, 11:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtoFM View Post
OK, sorry to hear but good to know. We were discussing parts, but he went dark before any money changed hands. I'm hoping there is a logical reason.
Still here. Rough week! Send me a message!

My site... needs updated-
www.fastrestorations.com

68 GTO's (RA II, RA I, HO, convert, Pro Street, Racecar, etc.), 2 69 GTO Judges, 70 GTO racecar -10.77 @ 124mph, 68 Tempest survivor, 3 03 Aztecs!
Old 04-04-2024, 11:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy11 View Post
I had a similar situation. He was recommended to me so I contacted him regarding manifolds, downpipes, and full exhaust. When he requested me to call him and place the order he answered immediately and took my order. Whatever means he processed the payment through I wasn’t familiar with and didn’t really have a “receipt” for it.

The transaction was during Covid so I wasn’t expecting things quickly and didn’t pursue things when it was taking weeks longer than he expected. I do have to laugh when I read the “went dark” comment. That was totally the feeling I got too. Phone calls with messages left as well as texts were all unanswered (weeks, leading into months sometimes). I was starting to write things off. He sent a message about health issues so I definitely cut some more slack and wished him a quick recovery.

Time passed and things went dark again. His FB group posts were super active so I finally started calling him out in his posts. I then got all my parts in the 4-8 weeks following that. The only comparably “bad” or worse situation I’ve ever had was with Kauffman Racing Equipment. I’ll never use either again.
Yep, Covid sucked and we aren’t back to normal yet.

www.fastrestorations.com

68 GTO's (RA II, RA I, HO, convert, Pro Street, Racecar, etc.), 2 69 GTO Judges, 70 GTO racecar -10.77 @ 124mph, 68 Tempest survivor, 3 03 Aztecs!
Old 04-04-2024, 11:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by etennett View Post

The manifolds went out of production, you got one of the sets on the planet. Left side was early 3 bolt flange and required clearancing. Remember it well. If I owe you tips still just let me know… They too went out of production for a bit. I run a restoration shop, I’m not a parts house. I do what I can and try to save guys money.

www.fastrestorations.com

Old 04-04-2024, 11:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I’ve had way more than my share of health issues since open heart surgery in early 2020 and not sure I’ll ever catch up. But I’ll keep trying!

www.fastrestorations.com

Old 04-05-2024, 07:19 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thank you Paul for the help w body guy, really appreciate it! Whatever was spoken of he had accelerated his effort with confidence!

Old 04-05-2024, 07:53 AM
Ultimate Warrior

HWYSTR455 glad to help! He seemed pretty knowledgeable and I trust he’s doing you right!

www.fastrestorations.com

The Following User Says Thank You to PaulatFast For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2024, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulatFast View Post
The manifolds went out of production, you got one of the sets on the planet. Left side was early 3 bolt flange and required clearancing. Remember it well. If I owe you tips still just let me know… They too went out of production for a bit. I run a restoration shop, I’m not a parts house. I do what I can and try to save guys money.

I certainly would have appreciated this response years ago. No need for tips or a refund for manifolds I cannot use. I’m over it.

Old 04-05-2024, 07:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Eric as I told you then and I’ll tell you now, the pass side manifold is the same and the drivers side may need 5 min of clearancing. Not a big deal at all.

www.fastrestorations.com

Old 04-16-2024, 01:47 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Glad to see you are in your recovery stage. All the best to you.!!