Old 04-04-2006, 07:50 PM
Senior Chief

Default kellogg sweepstakes car

it's on eBay right now and it looks fully documented,
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ponti...26902511QQrdZ1

Old 04-04-2006, 08:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The best way to document these is to look for droppings from Tony the Tiger
on the carpet. Even if they detailed the car, some of the chunks will usually be present under the seats!

Old 04-04-2006, 08:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

A little more background on the cars: http://ultimategto.com/art19.htm

Looks like this one could be the one referred to in the article.

'95 Comp T/A #6 M6 - bone stock (pics)
Old 04-05-2006, 03:04 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to viper7711

Yeah I read about this car in a pontaic mag.. very cool!

Old 04-05-2006, 06:24 AM
Senior Chief

I don't care how documented it is, if I had it the 265 horse engine would have to get a upgraded to a higher performance level. Being one of 1246 with the economy engine devalues the car, it does not increase the value. Rarity alone does not make a car valuable. It has to be desireable too.

My Dad's 59. The start of my love for Pontiacs!
Old 04-05-2006, 08:50 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I disagree on the value issue. To someone interested in a #'s matching, unmolested car, upgrading the horsepower would throw that all out the window. It may not be as much fun to drive, but I say its worth more just like it sits. The Kellogg thing? Any history of a vehicle helps. Lose the steering wheel.............

frittering and wasting the hours in an off hand way....

1969 GTO, 455ci, 230/236 Pontiac Dude's "Butcher Special" Comp hyd roller cam with Crower HIPPO solid roller lifters, Q-jet, Edelbrock P4B-QJ, Doug's headers, ported 6X-8 (97cc) heads, TKO600, 3.73 geared Eaton Tru-Trac 8.5", hydroboost, rear disc brakes......and my greatest mechanical feat....a new heater core.
Old 04-05-2006, 05:09 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Jones
I disagree on the value issue. To someone interested in a #'s matching, unmolested car, upgrading the horsepower would throw that all out the window. It may not be as much fun to drive, but I say its worth more just like it sits. The Kellogg thing? Any history of a vehicle helps. Lose the steering wheel.............
If horsepower didn't matter in a performance car, 73 GTO and 77 CanAm prices would also be going through the roof. If you change the steering wheel, the car is no more original than adding a 4bbl carb and a hotter cam.
IMHO.

Old 04-07-2006, 09:37 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by billygoatii
If horsepower didn't matter in a performance car, 73 GTO and 77 CanAm prices would also be going through the roof. If you change the steering wheel, the car is no more original than adding a 4bbl carb and a hotter cam.
IMHO.
73 GTO's and 77 Can Am's came with what they came with. If they aren't valuable or collectable, it's not because they had no power. I would bet also that their values have gone up recently. People interested in a collectable car don't buy it because it has zillions of horsepower. Plenty of later 70's cars are popular and it's NOT because they were fast necessarily.
Look at the steering wheel in that car again. It's not original.

It appears that the Kellogg thing is not as big a deal as the seller thought.

Maybe if he put a big roller cam in it and an 850 Holley on it he would have made reserve...........

frittering and wasting the hours in an off hand way....

1969 GTO, 455ci, 230/236 Pontiac Dude's "Butcher Special" Comp hyd roller cam with Crower HIPPO solid roller lifters, Q-jet, Edelbrock P4B-QJ, Doug's headers, ported 6X-8 (97cc) heads, TKO600, 3.73 geared Eaton Tru-Trac 8.5", hydroboost, rear disc brakes......and my greatest mechanical feat....a new heater core.
Old 04-07-2006, 11:18 PM
Senior Chief

I respectfully disagree with you about the lack of factory power affecting 73 GTO and 77 CanAm values. The Kellogg's car is no longer all original since missing the factory installed steering wheel ( I know, a rather small detail). I see no harm on this car by adding the 4bbl. and a slightly hotter cam.
Looks like we are going to have to agree to disagree.

Old 04-08-2006, 12:03 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

It's still a pretty cool, documented car. It's easy enough to swap out the cam and intake, I'd tweak it a bit and save the original parts.

Darned thing was built to be driven anyway. Why not have fun with it?