Old 05-13-2012, 10:09 PM

Old Blue / Dataway... THANKS! This is my first quarter skin install and it took the better part of the day. It probably would have gone faster but I had to wait for my air compressor to catch up most of the day. I've got about an hour or two left on the quarter, then all that's really left is doing the trunk pan.

Old 05-19-2012, 09:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Great work man !!! Had a few bad flash backs there, twitchted a few times. Lol

Old 07-23-2012, 11:11 PM

Kinda of status update... I haven't gotten much more done on the GTO since the quarter skin. I've started getting the engine ready to be painted and the trans ready to be cleaned up. I have a new trunk pan that will be installed shortly and then it's just about ready to go down for paint. Work on it has definitely slowed as since my last update, I got divorced and moved about three hours away from my shop where the GTO sits. The ex-wife wanted to keep the house (and my '78 Blk/Gold Trans Am ) , but at least she doesn't care how long the GTO sits in the garage. I plan on trying to finish up the trunk pan and getting the motor/trans dropped in and then shipping it off for paint/bodywork. Hopefully by the time it comes back from that I'll have bought another place to move the car into. I'll probably post some more updates as the work progresses.

Old 09-16-2012, 04:10 PM

It's been awhile since I had a chance to do an update on the GTO..or work on it actually. Got the motor and trans cleaned up some, put in a new clutch/pressure plate, and had a '77 TA Flywheel machined to fit the earlier style crankshaft. Then I dropped it into car with a set of headers after cleaning and undercoating the floorpan and frame rails. I'm hoping to get the front end reassembled soon and then send it down for paint.

Old 09-16-2012, 04:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Life surely will get in the way sometimes....Looking good though!

Old 09-30-2012, 02:21 PM

No major stuff to report. Got the inner fenders wire-wheeled and then coated in POR-15 (stuff lays down pretty smooth and has a nice shine to it..it'll be okay under the hood as it's not exposed to much UV rays which tends to change it's color some. Started test fitting the fenders after bolting up the core support. The fenders have to come back off to be coated on the insides. Not a ton of progress, but trying to get there.

I also bought another car yesterday that I couldn't pass up, not that I needed another project. I had tried to buy this car about a year ago (before the GTO) and the lady wanted too much for it. Her husband had owned the car and the car hasn't been moved in about three years since he passed away. She called me out of the blue Friday wanting to sell it before she moved to California. Could make a neat original or close it into an SS...

Old 09-30-2012, 02:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

It looks like you've got a '68 A/C compressor bracket on the right head. I just thought that was odd since your car doesn't have A/C and is a '69. That bracket makes changing the #2 plug such a PITA.

That Chevelle would make a great sleeper. It looks pretty much untouched.

What part of Texas are you in? I grew up in the D/FW area.

'95 Comp T/A #6 M6 - bone stock (pics)
Old 11-22-2012, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdoro 68 View Post
It looks like you've got a '68 A/C compressor bracket on the right head. I just thought that was odd since your car doesn't have A/C and is a '69. That bracket makes changing the #2 plug such a PITA.

That Chevelle would make a great sleeper. It looks pretty much untouched.

What part of Texas are you in? I grew up in the D/FW area.
You would be correct...the motor is a '68 HO engine. I need to get two shorter head bolts so I can remove the A/C bracket. I was living up in the Mckinney area, but have recently moved back towards Austin/San Antonio area so progress on the car has slowed. The Chevelle is in the process of getting ready to go in for paint. Picked up some new wheels for it already and put in new carpet/seat covers as well as re-dyed the headliner. I also patched the one spot of rust on the left rear quarter panel. Should go in for paint sometime next month.

Here's a couple pics..

Old 11-25-2012, 01:59 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default AngryBird

Great pics only one question! Where do you get the time? Ok one more question how do you get mama to let you spend $ I need to know the secret, I think cars, she thinks furniture.
Again great pics.

Old 11-25-2012, 02:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Cool car, but pull those body side moldings!

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 11-25-2012, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
Cool car, but pull those body side moldings!
Already pulled them off as part of getting it ready for paint. They won't be going back on either.

Old 11-25-2012, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugslyx234 View Post
Great pics only one question! Where do you get the time? Ok one more question how do you get mama to let you spend $ I need to know the secret, I think cars, she thinks furniture.
Again great pics.
For awhile I was working on the GTO every weekend. I ended up getting divorced which has slowed the progress as I'm looking for a new house to move my projects into, so I guess I'm probably not the best person to ask about how to get your lady to let you spend more money on your rides. lol..

Old 11-26-2012, 01:30 AM
Suspended

Default judge clone

i am thinking of starting a judge clone registry if anyone is interested it would be a great way for guys wanting to clone their cars into judges. alot of good be put into the cloning of these great cars and tech advice on what parts are needed for the conversion anyone interested can contact me at thejudgecloneregistry@cox.net

Old 11-28-2012, 12:00 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Wink

I liked the dog dish caps better than the mags.imo the sleeper look.

Old 11-08-2013, 07:21 PM

Default I'm back!!!

Okay... so it's been about a year and I'm ashamed to say that I haven't really gotten much done on the GTO as it's been sitting in storage until recently.

I did however get the Chevelle pretty much done. Dropped the suspension just a little, fixed some rust, slid a new cam in and detailed the engine compartment some.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

The only thing that's been done to the GTO is I finally got around to patching the trunk pan up. Had to build a few filler panels due to most of the trunk pans not extending out far enough.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 11-08-2013, 07:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Sharp looking Chevelle!

Old 11-09-2013, 07:59 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Great work!

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 11-09-2013, 09:49 AM

Thanks guys. I'm going to get off my butt and try to really focus on getting the GTO finished up and hopefully at the paint shop by the end of this year. While it's in paint I plan to recover all of the seats and try to restore the dash some.

Between the new body panels and the old paint she looks kinda rough! Here's the "Grumpy Old Goat" coming to her new home.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 11-12-2013, 10:29 PM

Okay...need an opinion even though I think I know the answer. At first I thought my hood just had a few rust bubbles at the front edge, but I found some more upon closer inspection. Would anyone try to fix it or just buy a repro? My guess is that there is more rust lurking someone just waiting to jump out after a paint job.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 11-12-2013, 11:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I'd replace it myself. Blisters are one thing but that hole would definitely trouble me since you can't really get in there to deal with it on the underside.