Interior TECH Upholstery, Carpet, Dash, Headliner...

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-14-2016, 02:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default ProCar seats ... how do you like them?

I have never been happy with the feel of my '71 seats GTO's seats after having them recovered and new foam buns installed. I went back to the trim shop that did the interior and they added 3/8" re-bonded carpet padding to the center section of the seat bottoms but they still feel flat and "springy" to me.

I really like the comfort of modern seats and am considering replacing mine with the ProCar buckets with headrests.

As far as matching, I could recover the back seat with a '69 kit that closely approximates the look of the ProCars, The interior shop said they could stitch a horizontal tuck across the pleats to match.

Has anyone used these and what do you think of them as compared to the old original seating? Do they have a modern car feel to them?