THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 05-10-2018, 02:19 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigergto View Post
I followed a link posted by a member on this thread that had done business with this place.
As usual you’re shooting your mouth off without knowing the situation.
If you say so but I am not the one who is out. The gauges I bought from Summit work fine.

Old 05-10-2018, 04:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

My egauges experience was strictly positive. I've dealt with them twice and kept my receipts because I might need them again. That's why I linked to them.
I got the link from someone on this forum, who I believe was HWYSTR455...? Anyway, I wouldn't hesitate to deal with them again as everything was very nice quality...gauges and senders, pods, and so forth.
Don't know why you had issues with them tigergto, but sorry to hear of it. At least they refunded you without hassle.

Old 05-10-2018, 04:08 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Reid View Post
My egauges experience was strictly positive. I've dealt with them twice and kept my receipts because I might need them again. That's why I linked to them.
I got the link from someone on this forum, who I believe was HWYSTR455...? Anyway, I wouldn't hesitate to deal with them again. Don't know why you had issues with them tigergto, but sorry to hear of it.
I still can’t figure the whole thing out. All I wanted was an update on my order status since I didn’t hear from them after the initial confirmation.

Old 05-10-2018, 06:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Yeah, I'm pretty sure if I'd experienced that when I bought mine, I wouldn't be recommending them today.

Old 05-10-2018, 07:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have a four gauge cluster with mechanical Stewart warner green line gauges and the fourth is an SW motor minder

Old 05-10-2018, 07:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64speed View Post
I have a four gauge cluster with mechanical Stewart warner green line gauges and the fourth is an SW motor minder
Where did you buy your green lines? I really like the look of those in the old cars.

Old 05-10-2018, 07:40 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigergto View Post

I still can’t figure the whole thing out. All I wanted was an update on my order status since I didn’t hear from them after the initial confirmation.
They refunded your money because you went to PayPal and they decided to terminate the order rather than deal with the dispute.

Don

Old 05-10-2018, 08:16 PM

I went with Stewart Warner gauges about 35 years ago, they're still working fine - oil pressure, temperature, ammeter..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Retrosound2.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	482717   Click image for larger version

Name:	Retrosound1.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	482718  

Old 05-11-2018, 07:53 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhutton View Post
They refunded your money because you went to PayPal and they decided to terminate the order rather than deal with the dispute.

Don
OK, thanks. I thought they would just give the order status I was requesting.
Even when I contacted them through Email and phone they never responded. That has me perplexed,but I’ll move on and order elsewhere.
Thanks again everyone for the help.

Old 05-11-2018, 10:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Search Stewart warner green lines on the Summit website. They have been rereleased and are perfect copies of the originals. I love the motor minder. They have all the gauges but the motor minder in 2 1/16 or 2 5/8 sizes

Old 05-15-2018, 11:40 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Yeah, I'm surprised to hear issues with egauges, I've used them for years, and even recently a friend ordered from them without issue (@3 mo ago)

Anyway, VDO gauges are available via Summit, and they have either the Vision or Cockpit ones.

Shame Stewart Warner doesn't make the Stage III gauges anymore, those were very nice. The Heavy Duty gauges are nice, but don't really care for the ring around them. And the Plus ones have green on the face.

1970 GTO Judge Tribute Pro-Tour Project 535 IA2
http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=760624
1971 Trans Am 463, 315cfm E-head Sniper XFlow EFI, TKO600 extreme, 9", GW suspension, Baer brakes, pro tour car
https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com...ght=procharger
Theme Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zKAS...ature=youtu.be
Old 05-15-2018, 11:50 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWYSTR455 View Post
Yeah, I'm surprised to hear issues with egauges, I've used them for years, and even recently a friend ordered from them without issue (@3 mo ago)

Anyway, VDO gauges are available via Summit, and they have either the Vision or Cockpit ones.

Shame Stewart Warner doesn't make the Stage III gauges anymore, those were very nice. The Heavy Duty gauges are nice, but don't really care for the ring around them. And the Plus ones have green on the face.

I ordered the VDO Cockpit gauges from Summit. They are scheduled to arrive today.