WELCOME!

Go Back   PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together > PY Welcomes 2004-06 GTO Owners > 04-06 General Tech/Discussion

04-06 General Tech/Discussion 2004-2006 GTO General Tech and discussion.

Old 03-20-2004, 07:50 PM

I seen a real upclose look at the new GTO today and I can not believe that they would actually call it a GTO it looks more like a cross between a Dodge Neon and a Nissan. It will never ever be a car that I would want to ever own and I love my Pontiacs. Why can't GM create a car that is not a Pontiac Builds Excitement wantabe. It doen't matter how fast it's supposed to be it looks like a slug. SORRY
Old 03-20-2004, 07:50 PM

I seen a real upclose look at the new GTO today and I can not believe that they would actually call it a GTO it looks more like a cross between a Dodge Neon and a Nissan. It will never ever be a car that I would want to ever own and I love my Pontiacs. Why can't GM create a car that is not a Pontiac Builds Excitement wantabe. It doen't matter how fast it's supposed to be it looks like a slug. SORRY
Old 03-20-2004, 09:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

You obviously don't know what a Dodge Neon looks like...

Styling is a personal thing, and it's your perogative to not like it.

For those of us that care about a V8 RWD performance car, most of us do feel that PONTIAC - We Build Excitement is an accurate description.
Old 03-20-2004, 09:45 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The Champ:
For those of us that care about a V8 RWD performance car, most of us do feel that _PONTIAC - We Build Excitement_ is an accurate description. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only thing is, Pontiac didn't build this "excitement" Holden did. Maybe they should change the slogan to, "G.M. we globally build excitement"

A government is a body of people, usually, notably ungoverned-shepherd brook in firefly

join the PY group on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...8742503&ref=ts

become a fan of PY on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...9458653?ref=ts
Old 03-20-2004, 10:39 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Right On Mikey!!!!!!!!
Old 03-21-2004, 06:47 AM
Ultimate Warrior

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pierced mikey:
Only thing is, Pontiac didn't build this "excitement" Holden did. Maybe they should change the slogan to, "G.M. we globally build excitement" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okay, so Pontiac BRINGS you excitement...

Bottom line, the 2004 GTO does not look anything like a Neon.
Old 03-21-2004, 06:55 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

"GTO how dare they"
All things that they said and wrote back in 64. Now look at us!
Old 03-21-2004, 07:18 AM

I applaud GM for building a V8 RWD performance car, just don't call it a GTO. GTO's had Pontiac motors, not Chevy motors.
Old 03-21-2004, 07:23 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Champ did you buy one of the new GTO's?

ET 12.504
MPH 107
3940 lbs
Old 03-21-2004, 07:44 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I think it is ironic that when somebody takes a 64-65-66 or so Lemans, does a very nice job at transplanting all the GTO features like hood, trim, tripower engines, suspension, etc. onto it making it a GTO clone, most POntiac enthusiasts will be critital of it because it is NOT a real GTO. If such a "clone" is not a GTO, then what is this 2004 critter?

My impression is that the 74 GTO is widely regarded as not being a real GTO but being a "Nova". (It did have a POntiac engine!)

Which of these three cars is an impostor?
Old 03-21-2004, 09:38 AM
Ultimate Warrior

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jimbo49221:
I seen a real upclose look at the new GTO today and I can not believe that they would actually call it a GTO it looks more like a cross between a Dodge Neon and a Nissan. It will never ever be a car that I would want to ever own and I love my Pontiacs. Why can't GM create a car that is not a Pontiac Builds Excitement wantabe. It doen't matter how fast it's supposed to be it looks like a slug. SORRY <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

12 posts. Another troll.

Dodge Neon

GTO

Ok....... Yeah..... The GTO looks so much like a Neon that I just cannot tell the two apart. And wow what a slug like design. I don't think you saw anything up close.

www.musclecarsgalore.com
www.nikivee.com
[www.reverbnation.com/nikivee

1967 Pontiac GTO
1967 Pontiac Grand Prix
1972 Pontiac Lemans Sport Convertible
2015 Dodge Challenger ScatPack 392, 6 speed
2017 Ford Explorer AWD
Old 03-21-2004, 11:11 AM

I sure am having tremendous fun driving my '04 GTO. There is nothing on the road like it. Too bad many people will not know the joy I experience everyday.
Old 03-21-2004, 11:55 AM

Lets see I have been a Tool & Die Maker for 30 yrs, worked on cars and trucks for about 38 yrs, had my State of Michigan Motor Vehicle Auto Repair license for 5 yrs.Worked as a Machine Buider Electrician this year but I have to admit I have never been a troll. I have been nicknamed Pontiac Jim by my neighbors for over 10 yr,s and believe just because I have only made 12 posts I'm not on the same level as some of you. Like me or not I could care less. I said the new Holden-- GTO looks like a cross between a Neon and a Nissan BUT THE ACTUAL POINT being it does not look like I thought the new GTO should have.
Old 03-21-2004, 12:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to Goathead

GTO looks like a cross between a Neon and a Nissan BUT THE ACTUAL POINT being it does not look like I thought the new GTO should have.

My keyboard is sealed...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJrDl3nRNCM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fvywdocl4GA

http://ultimategto.com/icongraf/65headtitle.jpg
Old 03-21-2004, 02:10 PM

Gratefully, I had no preconceived notions of what the new GTO "should" look like. I've never owned a classic car. Because of that, it is easier for me to accept the '04 GTO for what it seems... "a wolf in sheep's clothing."

Bone stock, I doubt my new car will hold any value over time. I believe, however, I have bought a teriffic starting point. By applying some imaginiation and a little extra cash, I can personalize this car and make it, at least... "a wolf in Goat's clothing."
Old 03-22-2004, 03:43 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Great pics! Nice ride...Like i posted, in 64 alot of press/people hated the GTO. Looks like we got a winner.
But thats just me, like what you want, drive what you want. The GTO is alive and well from many years.
Old 03-22-2004, 05:24 AM
Ultimate Warrior

That right rear pic is perfect!
Old 03-22-2004, 07:26 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jimbo49221:
Lets see I have been a Tool & Die Maker for 30 yrs, worked on cars and trucks for about 38 yrs, had my State of Michigan Motor Vehicle Auto Repair license for 5 yrs.Worked as a Machine Buider Electrician this year but I have to admit I have never been a troll. I have been nicknamed Pontiac Jim by my neighbors for over 10 yr,s and believe just because I have only made 12 posts I'm not on the same level as some of you. Like me or not I could care less. I said the new Holden-- GTO looks like a cross between a Neon and a Nissan BUT THE ACTUAL POINT being it does not look like I thought the new GTO should have. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Of course you know that all of that doesn't mean squat. The last line in your post is based on pure opinion. Your opinion is exactly what it is.... YOUR OPINION. Your opinion isn't more important than anybody elses on this forum. I disagree with you 100%. The new 2004 GTO doesn't look anything like a neon or nissan. It looks more like a Holden Monaro. JMO of course. Now I don't really care if you like or don't like the new GTO. However, my opinion is that anybody who thinks the GTO looks like a neon or nissan needs glasses. Just my opinion of course.